Progress and Details of Next Killzone Merc Update

#1OhGoodGriefPosted 2/7/2014 8:52:54 AM
http://community.killzone.com/t5/Killzone-Mercenary-PS-Vita/KZM-An-update-on-updates/td-p/1486589

02-07-2014 01:38 PM

Hi KZM community,

Over the past few weeks we have launched updates 1.04 and 1.05 live, and we thought it was about time we let you know about progress in general.

The latest changes have been primarily maintenance releases to revise multiplayer matching and team balancing, and have added the following:-

Revisions to join game matchmaking:-
There will now be an auto-retry made on any failure to connect to a game's host (Ultimately, expanding the search space beyond the individual's given country if a connection can't be established to any host)
We now also temporarily blacklist games containing clients with whom you've failed a connection (so that those same games don't get hit again when you next repeat the search.)
We hope both changes will see people get into games more easily.

Revisions to party team balancing: -
Parties will now always initially be matched onto the same team, with best effort made to match a late joining party member onto the same team. Best effort will also be made to match a player onto the team of the friend he/she joined.

Getting people into balanced games and keeping them there continues to be our number 1 for the multiplayer. We monitor all issues reported and welcome the continued feedback.

Update 5 was originally intended for our new maps and Botzone, so what's happened to those? Well, both features are still coming, but need a little more time before we're happy to release them to you.
I'm pleased to announce that the 2 new maps are now in final phases of development and should be released within the next few weeks. However, we've decided to move Botzone into a separate update which will be following on a little later.

Thank you for both the continued interest in the game and constructive feedback to the dev team. We look forward to sharing further details of our new updates with you in the very near future.

Regards,

Matt
TD Guerrilla Cambridge
#2Bleachfreak7Posted 2/7/2014 9:21:04 AM
Glad they sent out an update so we know whats going on. It's good to hear that the maps are coming out in a few weeks!
---
3DS: 3437-3085-0365
Currently play: Persona 4 Golden, Pokemon Y, and Killzone Mercenary
#3gray_fox_00Posted 2/7/2014 10:20:14 AM
Bleachfreak7 posted...
Glad they sent out an update so we know whats going on. It's good to hear that the maps are coming out in a few weeks!

Same, just sad to hear botzone got pushed back.
---
A word to the wise ain't necessary - it's the stupid ones that need the advice
#4dementedlullabyPosted 2/7/2014 10:25:56 AM
I'll play again when the new maps hit.
---
XBL/PSN/NNID/Steam:DementedLullaby Origin:DL8286
The Imperial Truth is a Lie
#5joelang12Posted 2/7/2014 10:26:05 AM
gray_fox_00 posted...
Bleachfreak7 posted...

Same, just sad to hear botzone got pushed back.

this. but once it does get released I will be putting in way more hours into this game. not a big fan of online games, but offline bots I like. its one of the reason why I still play MOH Heroes for PSP
---
If you believe in Jesus and are 100% proud of it put this as your sig
#6slemeipssPosted 2/7/2014 11:10:03 AM
why would you want bots...when you can play with people online. it's the same ****ing thing

i would understand if you don't have wifi or something, but it seems a lot of people just don't want to play with other people online. there's no teamspeak, there's no trolling/hacking, so what's up?
---
you wanna play me? - napoleon dynamite
#7stargazer64Posted 2/7/2014 11:13:45 AM
slemeipss posted...
why would you want bots...when you can play with people online. it's the same ****ing thing

i would understand if you don't have wifi or something, but it seems a lot of people just don't want to play with other people online. there's no teamspeak, there's no trolling/hacking, so what's up?

Maybe they get tired of their teammates being idiots. Don't want to wait minutes in between matches for them to load. Get tired of everyone using the same assault rifle / rocket launcher combo. Get mad when real life people beat them at things.
---
"[Mcnugget2256] you're weak sauce! A nugget dipped into WEAKSAUCE!" - OhGoodGrief
#8OhGoodGrief(Topic Creator)Posted 2/7/2014 11:18:06 AM(edited)
If they're not particularily good then online can be frustrating I guess.
I use to ask why do people want bots too. After playing for a while online can be really inconsistent with team balancing. That gets lame. Plus casual play would be better with bots

Off topic but the Olympic ceremony was nice. All the athlete outfits suck though. Especially the USA one and some other country with nasty tie dye colors.
The malfunctioning snowflake was awkward >.<
#9WartPig_Posted 2/7/2014 11:18:23 AM
too bad i was done with this game wihin a week. 100% and top 20.
how old is it and still not complete. i understand new maps not being readya launch. but all the patches and its still not right. another company who sells beta test at full price.
---
PSN-WartPigX, XBL-WartPig
"people talking without speaking, people hearing without listening"
#10MyFavoriteDishPosted 2/7/2014 11:32:22 AM
WartPig_ posted...
too bad i was done with this game wihin a week. 100% and top 20.
how old is it and still not complete. i understand new maps not being readya launch. but all the patches and its still not right. another company who sells beta test at full price.

It's extremely playable for a beta tested game.
---
You're a troll!
- Every hostile GFAQs user. And no, hostile isn't a word to negatively describe GFAQs users.