Do you guys think the Vita is probably gonna be Sony's last handheld?

#1SolnotPosted 2/7/2014 10:01:44 AM
Do you guys think the Vita is probably gonna be Sony's last handheld? - Results (961 votes)
Yeah, after the Vita's sluggish sales, Sony is probably gonna quit the handheld market for good.
48.7% (468 votes)
Nah, Sony is probably gonna come out with another handheld after the Vita.
51.3% (493 votes)
This poll is now closed.
I wanna hear your guys' honest opinions about this.
#2stargazer64Posted 2/7/2014 10:03:23 AM
No clue. The video game industry seems to rarely, if ever, learn from its mistakes. I'd like to see Sony learn from their **** ups and get everything right next time.
---
"[Mcnugget2256] you're weak sauce! A nugget dipped into WEAKSAUCE!" - OhGoodGrief
#3DarkFlip22Posted 2/7/2014 10:12:51 AM
Isn't it doing well in Japan?

I guess I should hit up google.
---
Down+Down-Forward+Forward+Punch = "The Hadouken"
#4filanimetorPosted 2/7/2014 10:20:21 AM
DarkFlip22 posted...

Yeah. And look at the "dead" PSP everyone is talking about. Seems very lively in Japan for me.
---
I came here to drink milk and kick ass...
...and I just finished my milk.
#5Mister MoneyPosted 2/7/2014 10:25:42 AM
Do you guys think the Vita is probably gonna be Sony's last handheld?

No.
---
My PS Vita-1000 Systems: Sapphire Blue (Japan), Crystal White (US). PS Vita-2000 Systems: Light Blue/White (Japan), Final Fantasy X|X-2 Special Edition (Japan).
#6Fallen_LordPosted 2/7/2014 10:38:15 AM
DarkFlip22 posted...

The Vita is doing fine in Japan. Check out OmniOmegaOB on YouTube if you can handle it. It just might make you shed a tear when you see how many awesome games and collectors editions are being released there that will never ever be released anywhere else.
#7Spiffy247Posted 2/7/2014 10:40:28 AM
Fallen_Lord posted...
DarkFlip22 posted...

The Vita is doing fine in Japan. Check out OmniOmegaOB on YouTube if you can handle it. It just might make you shed a tear when you see how many awesome games and collectors editions are being released there that will never ever be released anywhere else.

I watch a lot of his videos, and there is an insane amount of special editions we'll never get. *puts on sadness sombrero*
---
GameFAQs' Spiffiest, fanciest Vampire.
The 3DS and PSVita are both outstanding systems. Wally the Equality Weasel says so.
#8DarkFlip22Posted 2/7/2014 10:50:01 AM
I'd probably would have to win the lottery to invest games to come to overseas ahaha. Yeah I am not going to touch that link, I don't think I'll be able to handle it.
---
Down+Down-Forward+Forward+Punch = "The Hadouken"
#9ApocalypsahPosted 2/7/2014 10:53:51 AM
I hope not, the Vita is my favorite system to date. I don't have much interest in consoles, so this will be my last Sony hardware product if this is their final handheld.
---
http://backloggery.com/main.php?user=yasume
PSN ID: Yasume90
#10vazurahanPosted 2/7/2014 11:00:22 AM
As mobile chips gets powerful, they will start having graphics that might not totally be on par with the home consoles, but look good enough to have the same games.

So eventually, getting handhelds would be more a choice of getting the portable device or the home console for playing on the TV.

It might be a niche but they'll have to cater to people who are looking for portable consoles.