Do you guys think the Vita is probably gonna be Sony's last handheld?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation Vita
  3. Do you guys think the Vita is probably gonna be Sony's last handheld?

User Info: TheWhoFan

TheWhoFan
2 years ago#111
Why would it be, when it's been a resound success on all fronts? The best hardware, the best games, no gimmicks and the most sales.
PC + 3DS. Every single time.

User Info: MaxSteel_5

MaxSteel_5
2 years ago#112
No, the vita is not going to be the last.

Expect it.
Playing Soul Sacrifice, PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royal and Killzone: Mercenary.
Buying: Borderlands 2, Soul Sacrifice Delta and God Eater 2

User Info: Bob the Almighty

Bob the Almighty
2 years ago#113
Honestly I kind of hope it is. I love the PSP and Vita but Sony has half-assed support for both systems. What's the point in developing a handheld if you aren't going to give it proper support and marketing?

I hate to say it but Sony actually works best when they focus on one thing at a time (like the PS1 and then the PS2). When they try to support multiple systems (like PS2, PS3, and PSP in 2006/2007 or the PS3, PS4, and Vita currently) someone always gets the short end of the stick.

Unless Sony is willing to create new first/second-party studios for their handheld division and really crank up their portable IP than it's just wasted effort. All those studios making PSP/Vita software would probably be better used making cheap (as it $15-20) PSN titles for the PS3/PS4 instead sadly.
You were the lightning in that rain. You can still shine through the darkness.

User Info: townparkradio

townparkradio
2 years ago#114
And furthermore, Sony is likely to not release any more systems at all. They haven;t turned a profit in over a DECADE, people.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation Vita
  3. Do you guys think the Vita is probably gonna be Sony's last handheld?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived