Do you guys think the Vita is probably gonna be Sony's last handheld?

#111TheWhoFanPosted 2/18/2014 6:09:48 AM
Why would it be, when it's been a resound success on all fronts? The best hardware, the best games, no gimmicks and the most sales.
---
PC + 3DS. Every single time.
#112MaxSteel_5Posted 2/22/2014 12:35:30 AM
No, the vita is not going to be the last.

Expect it.
---
Playing Soul Sacrifice, PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royal and Killzone: Mercenary.
Buying: Borderlands 2, Soul Sacrifice Delta and God Eater 2
#113Bob the AlmightyPosted 2/22/2014 5:38:06 AM(edited)
Honestly I kind of hope it is. I love the PSP and Vita but Sony has half-assed support for both systems. What's the point in developing a handheld if you aren't going to give it proper support and marketing?

I hate to say it but Sony actually works best when they focus on one thing at a time (like the PS1 and then the PS2). When they try to support multiple systems (like PS2, PS3, and PSP in 2006/2007 or the PS3, PS4, and Vita currently) someone always gets the short end of the stick.

Unless Sony is willing to create new first/second-party studios for their handheld division and really crank up their portable IP than it's just wasted effort. All those studios making PSP/Vita software would probably be better used making cheap (as it $15-20) PSN titles for the PS3/PS4 instead sadly.
---
You were the lightning in that rain. You can still shine through the darkness.
#114townparkradioPosted 2/22/2014 10:16:32 AM
And furthermore, Sony is likely to not release any more systems at all. They haven;t turned a profit in over a DECADE, people.