What is some cool features for the Vita?

#1BoomerTheGreatPosted 2/7/2014 7:17:27 PM
Topic.
---
Greatness comes from within
#2BlabadonPosted 2/7/2014 7:19:06 PM
YouTube app having no ads

Remote Play
---
Playing Virtue's Last Reward before 999? Don't. Please, for the sake of everything, don't. My crusade around the internet to spread this truth goes on.
#3INKU48Posted 2/7/2014 7:20:44 PM
It's a portable home console. Kind of. On the paper at least. It basically has the same features as a PS3; messaging, friends list, trophies, online play and even cross-game chat.
---
I own a Vita and a Wii U, bite me.
#4resistor75Posted 2/7/2014 7:26:55 PM
I don't know if you consider this a feature but my favorite thing is custom control and touchscreen mapping...it makes ps1 classics and PSP games much better. A good simple example is being able to use the left thumbstick for movement in parasite eve.
---
0=2
#5MyFavoriteDishPosted 2/7/2014 7:32:12 PM
"Cool" is subjective. With that said, I suppose the camera, accelerometer and touch pad is pretty cool.

You won't be using many of those features other than first party games, but when you do, it's great. Zooming with the touch pad in Killzone: Mercenary is like removing a woman's bra. You flick your finger behind the Vita for precise zooming there.
---
Waiting for: FFX Vita, Danganronpa, TLoU: Left Behind
#6BoomerTheGreat(Topic Creator)Posted 2/7/2014 7:38:24 PM
Im not going to lie, Im excited to pick up a Vita.
---
Greatness comes from within
#7GigaDogqHDPosted 2/7/2014 7:41:01 PM
Ports, indies, ports of indies, and indies of ports
---
There are three types of people on GameFAQS...those that agree with me, those that are wrong, and those that are insane
#8resistor75Posted 2/7/2014 7:46:10 PM
MyFavoriteDish posted...
"Cool" is subjective. With that said, I suppose the camera, accelerometer and touch pad is pretty cool.

You won't be using many of those features other than first party games, but when you do, it's great. Zooming with the touch pad in Killzone: Mercenary is like removing a woman's bra. You flick your finger behind the Vita for precise zooming there.

Killzone did make good use of some features..I liked launching missiles at helghast with the touchscreen...a vita port or sequel to Vanquish would be amazing too.
---
0=2
#9resistor75Posted 2/7/2014 7:52:37 PM
BoomerTheGreat posted...
Im not going to lie, Im excited to pick up a Vita.

I've had mine for about 7 months and I love it..but I use mine mostly for ps1 classics and PSP games (I never had a PSP so I have alot to choose from).
---
0=2
#10ResetTearsPosted 2/7/2014 8:54:27 PM
Region-free handheld. Absolutely love that. I'm enjoying games from both NA and Japan, including PSP and PS1 games that were never localized into English.

Speaking of which--PSP and PS1 games, on top of the ever-growing Vita library. I think there's enough great Vita games on its own to warrant getting the system, but having all these titles from past systems available makes this cake a triple-layer. And now the indie scene is beginning to emerge; many of these games are a perfect fit for the system IMO.

Random little things:
sleep mode is extremely nice; can break at any moment and go back whenever I want, returning right to where I left off
multiple windows is super-handy--can have internet with a GameFAQ open and switch back and forth between that and the game I'm playing
the function to take screenshots of the game at any time is great for me as a blogger
depending on what games you get, there are some pretty clever stuff being done with the touch pads, motion controls, and the two cameras
I also enjoy downloading videos onto the Vita to watch stuff while lying in bed
---
Video game blog: http://resettears.wordpress.com/
Currently playing: Gravity Rush, Muramasa Rebirth, Sound Shapes