PSOne games work fine, PS Vita games controls don't work

#1bcrentonPosted 2/8/2014 7:41:42 PM
Just bought a used Vita... I restored the system and entered my PS info in. I downloaded some old PS one games from my account, they all work great. I downloaded a couple of Vita games and when I loaded me up, the games act like a controller is jammed... And keep scrolling... Not allowing me past opening screen menus.

Same thing happened with Netflix app.

Having a heck of time trying to find help on the internet and it seems it's hard to describe correctly the issue in a Google search.

I'll take any help, looking for others having similar issues and (hopefully) solutions to fix this issue permanently.
---
========================
What was I saying again?
#2INKU48Posted 2/8/2014 7:44:22 PM
You have a finger on the rear touch pad and by doing so activating a virtual L2/R2 button on it. If you hold down the PS button inside a PS1 game you should be able to alter the controls. Alternatively you hold your Vita differently.
---
I own a Vita and a Wii U, bite me.
#3foxgamer92Posted 2/8/2014 7:44:43 PM
The only thing that I can think of is that you're touching the rear touch pad.
---
PlayStation Vita has a very bright future. NIS and Compile Heart know that Sony does what Nintendon't.
PSN:Setsuna1292 If you add me, please send a note.
#4Guerrilla SoldierPosted 2/8/2014 9:17:04 PM(edited)
If the PS1 games work, and Vita games don't work, then it has nothing to do with the rear touch. If anything, the left stick might be broken, because PS1 games don't automatically have the ability to use the stick (you have to bind them manually), whereas Vita games are almost all controlled by the stick.

It sounds like your left analog stick is broken and/or stuck in the 'down' input position, even if the stick itself isn't glued to a downward position. Sounds like you should return it, if possible.
---
Die-hard Oakland A's fan: 2012/2013 AL West Champions -- Keep the A's in Oakland!
Rakuten Eagles fan: 2013 NPB CHAMPIONS!!! 1st TIME CHAMPS!
#5Garage_ManPosted 2/8/2014 10:30:34 PM
Exchange that mofo. There is something wrong with it.