C/D: Vita games have worser art style than Nintendo games

#1MyFavoriteDishPosted 2/9/2014 11:05:21 AM
I just saw this Mario Kart trailer and it made me realize how good Nintendo's art style in their games are

When talking about Vita games I mean AAA games like Uncharted and Wipe out.
---
Waiting for: FFX Vita, Danganronpa, TLoU: Left Behind
#2United_FruitPosted 2/9/2014 11:08:23 AM
Depends. Japan Studio has some pretty sweet art, but Golden Abyss is just plain ugh.
---
"With pricecut, great library + PS4 coming out to boost hype, the media won't be talking about the struggling Vita no more" -Buramu
#3Starwars4JPosted 2/9/2014 11:08:24 AM
Your topic ended when you said "worser"
---
What I can't get over is how she ripped one testicle off..~Frogstir
I can't read your topics without expecting Bel Air now.~KensaiBlade
#4VampireRoninPosted 2/9/2014 11:19:02 AM
I just phoned the White House. They confirmed that Nintendo has worstest art style that hasn't progressed since Nintendo 64.
---
3DS | Vita | Android | Linux
Most wanted game: Demon's Souls Vita
#5nazacuckooPosted 2/9/2014 11:22:02 AM
Worser. Ha.

Anyways, this is just my personal opinion, but I really dislike the art style Nintendo uses in their first party games. That doesn't mean I don't like the games, I just really, really dislike the art style. I love the art style in games like "Fire Emblem: Awakening" and I guess I kinda like Pokemon's art style. But the first party games? No. I will say that I like Ocarina of Time's art style, but that game is like 15 years old, and the more recent Zelda games look much worse. Once again, I don't dislike the games, I just dislike the art style.
---
Xbox 360 Gamertag: NazaCageRatt
"Sigh. Why do the big ones always have to show up at the very end?"
#6darkphiresagePosted 2/9/2014 11:25:43 AM
I liked SS' art style more than 99% of games I've played. their lore is also easily head and shoulders above any game lore I've read in years.
---
"Dat b**** crazy."
"Ya, b****** be trippin." - every guy ever and his best friend at some point in life.
#7Megaman OmegaPosted 2/9/2014 11:31:47 AM
Starwars4J posted...
Your topic ended when you said "worser"

This.
---
LOL at all the whiners and trolls. They know Vita tv and new model will kill all competition. Festering wounds for the Nintendrones by the gallons. - karissa1
#8Starwars4JPosted 2/9/2014 11:35:38 AM
nazacuckoo posted...
I love the art style in games like "Fire Emblem: Awakening" and I guess I kinda like Pokemon's art style. But the first party games? No.

Um...what do you think Fire Emblem: Awakening is if not first party?
---
What I can't get over is how she ripped one testicle off..~Frogstir
I can't read your topics without expecting Bel Air now.~KensaiBlade
#9GodMWOLFPosted 2/9/2014 11:37:59 AM(edited)
Meh only thing i dislike about Nintendo consoles is the horride obsession with Chibis

Project Mirai would've been better with Regular Vocaloid models

Bravery Default would've been better also (It's great already but if it had the looks to back up the rest of the game then it would've been amazing)

And Yes Persona Q deserved to have all the regular 3D Persona character models
---
Xbox One, the future of gaming:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KbWgUO-Rqcw
#10nazacuckooPosted 2/9/2014 11:41:21 AM
Starwars4J posted...
nazacuckoo posted...
I love the art style in games like "Fire Emblem: Awakening" and I guess I kinda like Pokemon's art style. But the first party games? No.

Um...what do you think Fire Emblem: Awakening is if not first party?

It was developed by Intelligent systems. I'm not sure if that means that it's second party or third party or whatever, but it wasn't developed by Nintendo.
---
Xbox 360 Gamertag: NazaCageRatt
"Sigh. Why do the big ones always have to show up at the very end?"