Sony says there are 100+ vita games coming this year.

#41ChairslingerPosted 2/11/2014 4:16:05 PM
United_Fruit posted...
The problem isn't the ports, it's that we get so few of even those. At this point, we're waiting a month for one or two indie ports, two months for an obscure Japanese port, and 6 months for a really old, down-scaled relatively well-known port of a port. This isn't even funny anymore.

This is just factually incorrect.

For the last 6 months there has rarely been a week where there wasn't 2-4 Indie titles added to PSN.

It's more like a month between Japanese releases(and the pace will likely only pick up since the system is only going to get more popular in Japan as time goes on).

And while I admit the release of western retail releases is pretty slow, it's more like every 2-3 months.

Killzone, Tearaway, GoW Collection, Sly Collection, Borderlands 2, and Rayman Legends have all been in the past 6 months.
#42Riyo_chanPosted 2/11/2014 4:16:36 PM
Ummm you do know what homogenized means right?

Also, I'm not 100% sure what a hipster is, it seems to be one of those sort of vague insults people use to define anyone not in they're personal group

And saying "most" indies are platformers and puzzle games is just wrong, if anything there's a tonne of roguelikes and a lot of what I'd call "art" games (game more interested in spreading a moral/telling a story or something than playing like a traditional game)

But I could say all AAA games are FPS or Yearlies (Yearlies being things like AC that gets a yearly installment with very little real change outside of window dressing) AAA developers just can't take any risks on their games because they simply cost so much to make that even a few thousand sales lost could break them so it's a fact they have to be as broadly appealing as they can be
---
The life of a samurai is like the cherry blossom, beautiful but brief
#43iDoneGotUPosted 2/11/2014 4:16:57 PM
INKU48 posted...
but everyone agrees that the year was crap.

Learn to speak for yourself, I never elected you as my spokesperson.
---
But there is one thing a Saiyan always keep... his PRIDE!
http://i.imgur.com/xxLsTwZ.gif
#44OoseyePosted 2/11/2014 4:19:04 PM
kabutokouji posted...
OhGoodGrief posted...
Quality over quantity.

I love this post.

when the vita had 10 games: 3DS has over 100s of games and vita has no games.
when topics like this show up: quality over quantity.

so which is it?

3DS has quality and quantity. Vita has a very low quantity of quality titles.
---
PLAYING: Devil May Cry 3 HD & Senran Kagura Burst
#45ChairslingerPosted 2/11/2014 4:20:22 PM
StrikeNinja24 posted...
Chairslinger posted...
OurLadyPeace posted...
Surely a port is when a game is designed and made for one system and then they take that game and make it for another, regardless of timescales. Hell, a game could be ported concurrently with development of the 'real' version. Some arbitrary 6/12 month period of time between releases has nothing to do with it. It's the process that matters, not the timing.

No, that's still called multiplatform.

The distinction used is that one is the "lead platform".

No one called the 95% of 3rd party PS3/360 games that came to both systems a port of one or the other. They were multi-console games.

People like to use it as a dig on Vita because last Summer they got ports of a lot of long established Indies like LIMBO, Hotline Miami, Thomas Was Alone, etc.

But the fact is now, that a lot of these Indies are being developed concurrently with Vita alongside their other platforms. So they are absolutely multi-console games rather than ports.

Multiplatform is a marketing buzzword. Means little to nothing in terms of the game.

Well the distinction here is that it's being implied as a subtle dig that even games releasing at the same time aren't really "Vita games". Even when, on any other system, they would be called multi-console games, some want to call them "ports" on Vita because that makes it sound like it's just Vita getting handmedowns that are better on another system.

Which isn't true for a lot of these games. Helldivers, Hohokum, Velocity 2x, etc. are games that are being developed side by side, and just as much Vita games as PS3/4 if not more so.