Can I beat P4G in one week? (Details inside.)

#11Hardley_SmithPosted 2/14/2014 4:43:36 PM
that's what you get for spoiling yourself with a terrible adaptation
---
You keep me hating, you keep me listening to the bends
#12CooperRCPosted 2/14/2014 4:44:59 PM
PJB-11 posted...
DougyB posted...
I wouldn't rush P4G for Sorcery Saga. It's not that great of a game.

That may not be very helpful though. >_>

I already got up to this point in P4G once, and watched the animé, so it's feeling like a bit of a chore. I want to beat it though.

Gaming is supposed to be fun.

If it is feeling like a chore, then it is time to move on to another game (even if you have not finished it) especially since you already know the story anyway.

In any case, Sorcery Saga is a disappointing rogue-like game anyway.
#13UVERdayzePosted 2/14/2014 4:45:09 PM
play it on very easy mode and your looking at 35-45 hours tops, play it on any other mode and your looking at 50+ hours also use a guide if you wana get the true ending and epilogue as well as max all social links quickly, I leisurely played it on very easy and finished it in roughly 38 hrs but i didn't get the epilogue or bonus dungeons
#14PJB-11(Topic Creator)Posted 2/14/2014 4:45:11 PM
Hardley_Smith posted...

Adaptation? It was practically identical! And I enjoyed it. As I am enjoying the game. :)
---
Now Playing: (PS3) -
(Vita) Hotline Miami, Velocity Ultra, Persona 4 Golden, TxK
#15LiquiDZerOPosted 2/14/2014 4:55:53 PM
PJB-11 posted...
Hardley_Smith posted...

Adaptation? It was practically identical! And I enjoyed it. As I am enjoying the game. :)

the characters not actually fighting, though not significant to the story, is a pretty glaring difference. then you've got the non-party social links, who have character growth and persistence throughout your year, being limited to essentially one/two episodes.

the issue is that as main character/silent protagonist you're given some agency, it impacts both the dialogue and which ending you get. that had to be removed in order to frame a linear narrative for the anime. as a result you've got a set story, when the game was somewhat fluid, and because the main character was a silent protag, the anime version has him saying maybe one or two lines an episode which makes for a pretty awkward viewing.

Watching the anime is kind of like playing FFXII, you're playing Vaan, but the game is really about Balthier, Basch, and Ashe.
---
"I can't begin to count the number of agents whose lives were saved by a cardboard box." -Snake