Sony is overlooking the best way to get attention for the vita,vita tv & PS4

#1selfdeztructionPosted 2/15/2014 1:15:55 AM
They should put playable vita demos on the PS3 & PS4 so that those users can see the benefits of having a vita.

They should also put playable and downgraded PS4 demos on the PS3 store and the demos would also have video showing what the games actual gameplay graphics look like.

Doesn't this seem like a good idea at using a system to advertise the other devices that's made by a parent company?
---
XBL/PSN (PS3&vita)/Wii-U/Skype-selfdeztruction
Wii FC(HaVoK) 6605 3315 8599 4345 3DSXL FC(HaVoK) 3780 9281 5652 I'm no fanboy,I'm a dirty whore.OKC gamer
#2NnamzPosted 2/15/2014 1:23:43 AM
That's ridiculous. The sheer amount of coding required to port the titles would take way more time and resources than needed. You can't just "downgrade" a PS4 game and put it on PS3. It needs to be completely re-coded.
#3vazurahanPosted 2/15/2014 1:29:30 AM
Might as well port the whole game. Let the people decide which version they want to buy.
#4KinoPosted 2/15/2014 1:37:15 AM
vazurahan posted...
Might as well port the whole game. Let the people decide which version they want to buy.

Isn't that exactly what they're doing now?
#5vazurahanPosted 2/15/2014 1:39:04 AM
Kino posted...
vazurahan posted...

Isn't that exactly what they're doing now?

With what?
#6selfdeztruction(Topic Creator)Posted 2/15/2014 2:25:21 AM
Nnamz posted...
That's ridiculous. The sheer amount of coding required to port the titles would take way more time and resources than needed. You can't just "downgrade" a PS4 game and put it on PS3. It needs to be completely re-coded.

They wouldn't be coding new games or anything and they could easily make demos that cover the first 20 minutes of the game and they could easily create the demi while making the full game. The demo just wouldn't be as graphically intense as the full game.

Most alpha builds are basic and simple looking. PC games have the adjustable settings that can make a game like Crysis run on a lesser machine and it'd be easy to make a development tool that could automatically remove elements that the vita couldn't handle.
---
XBL/PSN (PS3&vita)/Wii-U/Skype-selfdeztruction
Wii FC(HaVoK) 6605 3315 8599 4345 3DSXL FC(HaVoK) 3780 9281 5652 I'm no fanboy,I'm a dirty whore.OKC gamer
#7ragnarok01Posted 2/15/2014 2:32:53 AM
Just no
---
PSN: deathgaze01
#8OzzieArcanePosted 2/15/2014 11:15:03 PM
I want a Vita TV, but I think they really missed their window of opportunity. There were a ton of people who were hyped for it when it was announced. But they said Japan only with only vague hints on twitter that it could come to the west. With no announcement for western release let alone a release date, they have missed their chance to ride the hype train and many have already forgot the thing was announced.

I thought Japan got it so much earlier as an apology for the PS4 launching their late but the PS4 is about to launch there and still no word on a western release of the Vita TV. No one is gonna care about the thing by the time they announce it if they do at all. Heck I said screw it and downloaded a PSP emulator for my PC.
---
Check out reviews by me and my friends at www.reviewersunknown.com