Differences between Ps vita slim japan and the US UK versions?

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation Vita
  3. Differences between Ps vita slim japan and the US UK versions?
1 year ago#1
I was interested in buying an imported vita slim from Japan as it is cheaper than the European versions and they're sold in multiple colours but I was wondering if there are any downsides to owning an imported vita slim?
1 year ago#2
The X and O buttons are switched. Not the physical buttons, but X is to cancel and O is to confirm for the Japanese VITAS.
---
Currently Playing: Outlast (PS4) | Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward (PSV) | One Piece: Romance Dawn (3DS)
PSN: Spade21X - NFC: 5241 - 1904 - 3885
1 year ago#3
Generally in Japan and most other part of east Asia the face button O and X command function are swapped.

US/EU: X = Confirm O = Cancel
JAP/ASIA: O = Confirm X = Cancel

However this ONLY applies to main system functions like the LiveArea menu screen. If you play a US (R1) region title it automatically revert into the "X = Confirm O = Cancel" even though the Vita region system is from Japan an vice versa playing Japanese region title (R2) on a US region system.

I can confirm this personally since I have the Japan God Eater 2 Vita console bundle and played US titles like Persona 4 Golden (R1) on it, the control assignment switches depending on the title which you are playing. The Vita inherited this same 'regional distinctiveness' from the PSP.
1 year ago#4
Spade21X posted...
The X and O buttons are switched. Not the physical buttons, but X is to cancel and O is to confirm for the Japanese VITAS.

Somehow I can go back and forth between my Vita and my 3DS and not get mixed up.
---
b
1 year ago#5
thanks im going to but the white slim edition
1 year ago#6
One is play tested by the emperor and the other by the queen
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation Vita
  3. Differences between Ps vita slim japan and the US UK versions?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived