I wish Dragon's Crown had a demo :( Is it repetitive or get boring?

#1AwesomeOSaucePosted 2/17/2014 2:35:19 AM
From what I saw it looked fun and the boss fight look cool.

BUT I heard the game is really grindy and boring and later on you redo the same fights and stages over and over and over again just to get rare drops.
---
http://soundcloud.com/sunnyterra/audio-recording-on-monday-29
^ Hermiione says my name and says I''m cute! ^_^
#2arclouks_xPosted 2/17/2014 5:49:03 AM(edited)
it is repetitive, but its up to you to find that boring or fun
---
PSN:JustArc_ Waiting for: Persona 5.
Now playing:Persona 2: Innocent Sin, Toukiden, Dangan Ronpa.
#3stlcards2981Posted 2/17/2014 5:48:02 AM
Dragon's Crown is an awesome game.

I have had it since launch and am always going back to play it (working on infernal mode).

There are 4 different characters and side quests you can do in the game, on top of the main quests.

There are 3 "quests" (difficulty levels) you go through, and its fun as hell (there is a reason it still retails for 39.99).

Further, the developer has provided MUCH post release support for the game.

If you are the fence and have nothing else in mind, then I would highly suggest this game.
---
www.youtube.com/terracaputmundi terracaputmundi.com
#4Gamemaster64Posted 2/17/2014 5:48:50 AM
AwesomeOSauce posted...

BUT I heard the game is really grindy and boring and later on you redo the same fights and stages over and over and over again just to get rare drops.

that depends if you find that boring. But yeah, each stage is different then at the second half you go through the same stages through a different path that get unlocks and you do this 3x for each difficulty. then you go through a 99 floor dungeon(more like 275 floors really give or take) which is just stuff from the normal stages and then there the ultimate mode that was patched in with new and difficult stuff but it still all the same, nothing brand new new.
---
Not much of potato he said but potato he wrote.
3DS- 3308-4618-5127
#5cod4lyfe1997Posted 2/17/2014 6:32:16 AM
It is repetitive, but it's still tons of fun and the fighting is pretty deep and each character plays differently. The loot collection is addicting and the higher difficulties mix things up and are challenging. Online can be fun, and there is a tower climbing mode as well as a Labyrinth of Chaos that unlocks specialized gear. Building your character and the high level cap I played about 250 hours so far.
---
Thank you to all those who serve our country :)
My username isn't referring to Call of Duty :)
#6zxelmanPosted 2/17/2014 6:37:24 AM
stlcards2981 posted...
Dragon's Crown is an awesome game.

I have had it since launch and am always going back to play it (working on infernal mode).

There are 4 different characters and side quests you can do in the game, on top of the main quests.

There are 3 "quests" (difficulty levels) you go through, and its fun as hell (there is a reason it still retails for 39.99).

Further, the developer has provided MUCH post release support for the game.

If you are the fence and have nothing else in mind, then I would highly suggest this game.

6 characters.

4 difficulties.
#7sinncrossPosted 2/17/2014 6:45:37 AM
a demo is not really going to change anything.

if you love the game for the first 5 - 10 hours you will love playing it over and over again.
---
Movie Review Blog: http://cruizd.blogspot.com
Waiting on PS4
#8MadmartagonPosted 2/17/2014 7:14:38 AM
Its a side scrolling beat-em up of-course its gonna be repetitive think of it as streets of rage
#9zxelmanPosted 2/17/2014 8:27:11 AM
If you liked Castle Crashers but think it needed loot and mechanics in fighting, this is up your alley. This is about as good as they come when mixing together RPGs and 2D beat-em-up arcade genres together.

I like dodging in this game. It feels great and I can even do it consecutively if I put points into dodging.
#10Fray_MakenPosted 2/17/2014 8:40:27 AM
AwesomeOSauce posted...

Yes.

This is a loot driven game. There's nothing that changes much once you complete the main story, except to do it with a different class or continue to a higher difficulty.

Personally, I love the thrill of the hunt for phat lewts.