Does anyone treat their Vita as a "home" console?

#1cod4lyfe1997Posted 2/17/2014 6:13:04 AM
I don't really like bringing my Vita out which is. I just feel more protective of my Vita, but I like to play it at home more than treating it as a portable game. I do bring it out but not as much as I should. Anyone else like that? I guess I'm afraid I'll drop it or lose it.
---
Thank you to all those who serve our country :)
My username isn't referring to Call of Duty :)
#2JustinFFPosted 2/17/2014 6:17:48 AM
I have my PS3 at home, but I haven't played it much recently - My Vita is my current time sink.

I have 15 hours of commuting time per week, so I invariably take the risk of taking it with me for the train, but i also play it in the house as well. A good carry case, wrist strap and protective covering (I use the crystal clear cover, as I didn't like the feel of the rubber bumper model) should be all you need to keep it safe.
#3cod4lyfe1997(Topic Creator)Posted 2/17/2014 6:28:43 AM
Definitely have a lanyard for my handhelds.
---
Thank you to all those who serve our country :)
My username isn't referring to Call of Duty :)
#4ChairslingerPosted 2/17/2014 6:38:32 AM
My PSP and Vita have both always gotten more play at home then on the go. I don't have any commutes or long downtime out of the house so it's pretty much just on breaks at work that my portable gets used.

At home I've loved playing my PSP and Vita because it doesn't take up a TV and it's something you can do while others are watching it, or I even like having a show on in the background while I play.
#5dancer62Posted 2/17/2014 7:34:49 AM
I probably use my Vita more away from home, mostly at work, but my PSP Go actually goes more places with me, just because of the bulk. I'd really like to have a compact Vita, can you imagine how sharp a screen of the same resolution shrunk down to 3 1/2" would look?
---
I'm waiting for Bandai to release the WonderSwan/SwanCrystal II and blow both the Vita and the 3DS away.
#6toadiemanPosted 2/17/2014 7:44:22 AM
I don't take any of my handhelds outside the house.
---
http://www.sirlin.net/ptw/
#7jaekidd1012Posted 2/17/2014 8:02:17 AM
I do. I can play Vita games as well as play PS4 games while someone is watching TV. much flexibility. I do have a PS3 which I still play but I don't see the logic in avoiding my Vita just because I'm home.

Just saying
---
PSN: Th3_L3G3ND_718
https://encyclopediadramatica.es/Gamefaqs
#8MagusNotFrogPosted 2/17/2014 8:18:16 AM
I, too, use my PlayStation Vita on my house only. I do not like playing portable consoles when traveling in a car because I get carsick (I get dizzy from all the reading, specially on Role-Playing Games, haha).
#9Spiffy247Posted 2/17/2014 8:19:57 AM
I bring my Vita to a lot of places, but I play so much more at home.
---
GameFAQs' Spiffiest, fanciest Vampire.
The 3DS and PSVita are both outstanding systems. Wally the Equality Weasel says so.
#10rpglover13Posted 2/17/2014 10:34:05 AM
Yeah, when I was younger I would use portable consoles more on the go(long car rides, etc. with my GBA and original DS) but now I use them just at home really.