Sony posts "new features" video for Final Fantasy X| X2 HD

#41gray_fox_00Posted 2/19/2014 1:19:15 PM
Lord_Vishana posted...
I've been avidly encouraging people to give X-2 a chance since it was announced. I really love the game and people seemingly want to disregard it. X-2 has so much new content that it essentially makes it an entirely different game.

I was getting it along with X, but you convinced me to actually plan on redeeming the code and playing it
---
A word to the wise ain't necessary - it's the stupid ones that need the advice
#42Boney00Posted 2/19/2014 1:38:44 PM
Anyone else actually tempted or already planning to buy both Vita and PS3 ports? It is nice having both version for the cross-save. I think of Metal Gear Solid 3 as a great example.
---
PSN, Steam and NNID: Bones00 3DS FC: 3136 6642 8964
#43CBASH13Posted 2/19/2014 2:30:40 PM
Boney00 posted...
Anyone else actually tempted or already planning to buy both Vita and PS3 ports? It is nice having both version for the cross-save. I think of Metal Gear Solid 3 as a great example.

I'm thinking about it. I had the MGS HD collection on PS3 before I got the Vita then bought it again on Vita for this reason.

Now that I'll have the Vita when it drops, I might have to snatch up both.

Definitely getting the Vita version. FFX on the go? Count me in.
---
It is what it is
#44WiiareVenomPosted 2/19/2014 2:49:38 PM
Are there any differences between the PS3 and Vita versions, other than X-2 being digital? The download size differences between the versions is enormous....
---
.Official leader of the Order of the Jar of Dirt. GT: Rider of Bears. NNID: LordOfTheHorde.
#45LinkMaster2703Posted 2/19/2014 3:03:16 PM(edited)
Boney00 posted...

Not even a little bit, the PS3 version is clearly superior.

WiiareVenom posted...
Are there any differences between the PS3 and Vita versions, other than X-2 being digital? The download size differences between the versions is enormous....

The PS3 version looks better, has X-2 on disc instead of digital, and comes with an artbook for the exact same price.
---
3DS friend code: 4081-5496-3475
PSN: C_Dalke
#46MamoruNoHakkyouPosted 2/19/2014 3:16:53 PM
ThugETH posted...
Literally can't wait to get stuck into my favorite game ever all over again! Glad I kept my piggyback strategy guide!

Piggyback released a guide for that back then? All we got were Bradygames guides in the US afaik. Piggyback (from all I have seen... TR Legends, TR Underworld, MGS4, and the FF XIII guides) released things in a much better format than Bradygames. I know they released stuff for DQ VIII in the UK/EU or some such but again.. Brady in the US. :-(
---
Well as the author of several dozen cries for help, I know a good one when I hear one.
#47WiiareVenomPosted 2/19/2014 3:35:55 PM
LinkMaster2703 posted...
Boney00 posted...

Not even a little bit, the PS3 version is clearly superior.

WiiareVenom posted...

The PS3 version looks better, has X-2 on disc instead of digital, and comes with an artbook for the exact same price.

Artbook too? I think I'll go PS3. Thanks for the info!
---
.Official leader of the Order of the Jar of Dirt. GT: Rider of Bears. NNID: LordOfTheHorde.
#48stawg007Posted 2/19/2014 3:39:11 PM
Looking forward to playing both

Will most likely skip every single cutscene I can in X2, damn the story was horse **** and the characters were just horrendous but thankfully I like the gameplay and this has a load of content I never got to play so whoop
#49MegaSlimePosted 2/19/2014 3:52:28 PM
Boney00 posted...

Stupid of me, but I never knew about cross-save from PS3 to Vita, only cross-buy. This idea now seems very tempting. Just making sure I got this correct. I can transfer the save file from my PS3 to Vita then play from where I left off from the PS3 on the Vita?
---
"Why is it whenever someone says 'with all due respect' they really mean 'kiss my ass'?"-Ashley, Mass Effect
High School Relationships: 99.9% Failure
#50Kyoshiro12345Posted 2/19/2014 4:15:40 PM
XCrossYZ posted...
X-2 sucks. It was meant to draw in a bunch of pre-pubescent teenagers and sell as a fan service game.

However the battle system is a great homage to FF5 <_<

So much B.S. in this post
---
Screenshot it or it didnt happen.