For Those With A PS4

#1MrDeathPenaltyPosted 2/20/2014 10:24:53 AM
Hey guys and gals. Today I'm glad to announce I'm getting a PS4 in approximately 40 minutes. I was wondering if someone who has a PS4 could answer my question. Is it possible to turn on the ps4 purely from using PS4 link on your vita? My vita's gonna be my main tv for the ps4 since I don't have a tv in my room (don't judge me, this is just how I'm rolling.) Thanks in advance!
---
Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/mrxdEAthxpEnAlty
Dragon: Fraxure, Druddigon, Noibat
#2GreenmonPosted 2/20/2014 10:29:51 AM
From what I've read, there are people claiming to be remote playing their PS4 when they're out on business trips and stuff, so I imagine they did turn on their PS4 remotely from their hotels and stuff. So it should be possible yeah.

I have a question myself though, how many Vitas can link up with a PS4? I'm thinking of looking for someone with a PS4 I can link up with just to give remote play a try, since I'm probably not getting a PS4 until FFXV's out. Just wanna see what the hype's all about. I do really love the idea though since I'm much more of a portable gamer than a home console gamer.
---
This world... Is crammed with cruelty. And with that realization, my trembling ceased. - Mikasa Ackerman
3DS FC: 5155-3045-6335, Aki
#3Fray_MakenPosted 2/20/2014 10:38:26 AM
MrDeathPenalty posted...
Hey guys and gals. Today I'm glad to announce I'm getting a PS4 in approximately 40 minutes. I was wondering if someone who has a PS4 could answer my question. Is it possible to turn on the ps4 purely from using PS4 link on your vita? My vita's gonna be my main tv for the ps4 since I don't have a tv in my room (don't judge me, this is just how I'm rolling.) Thanks in advance!

No, only wake it up from standby.
#4BossBangPosted 2/20/2014 10:39:38 AM
Yes, you can turn on the PS4 through your Vita through Remote Play, provided that the PS4 is left on standby.

You can also put the PS4 back on standby through Remote Play as well.

You can use the Vita as the primary screen, but to set up Remote Play you will need to hook the PS4 to a TV so you can see the menu. After its set up you don't need a TV at all.

You can play over the local wireless LAN, or you can play over the internet. Local wireless Lan is extremely good and almost indistinguishable from a TV.

Over the internet depends on internet speeds of your PS4 and the wireless your Vita is connected to.

I have played my PS4 at a hotel on trips a million times.
---
"Aaaaaand autocorrect just correctly corrected the word 'autocorrect'. It. Is. SELF AWARE." - Bossbang
#5patro555Posted 2/20/2014 10:41:52 AM
BossBang posted...
Yes, you can turn on the PS4 through your Vita through Remote Play, provided that the PS4 is left on standby.

You can also put the PS4 back on standby through Remote Play as well.

You can use the Vita as the primary screen, but to set up Remote Play you will need to hook the PS4 to a TV so you can see the menu. After its set up you don't need a TV at all.

You can play over the local wireless LAN, or you can play over the internet. Local wireless Lan is extremely good and almost indistinguishable from a TV.

Over the internet depends on internet speeds of your PS4 and the wireless your Vita is connected to.

I have played my PS4 at a hotel on trips a million times.

So if you play on LAN you dont need an internet connection to remote play?
#6BossBangPosted 2/20/2014 10:47:56 AM
I do think that at least for initial setup you need to the local wireless router to be connected to the internet. It's part of the "pairing" between the Vita and the PS4.

Once the pairing is down the remote play data is primarily going straight from the PS4 to the Vita through local.

On the other setting, it goes from PS4, to internet, to Vita and is slower.

I have not tried starting remote play over local and then yanking my routers connection to the internet. I just know that you can have absolute GARBAGE tier internet and it doesn't affect your remote play none if on local. (like, satellite internet crap quality).
---
"Aaaaaand autocorrect just correctly corrected the word 'autocorrect'. It. Is. SELF AWARE." - Bossbang
#7patro555Posted 2/20/2014 10:52:03 AM
BossBang posted...
I do think that at least for initial setup you need to the local wireless router to be connected to the internet. It's part of the "pairing" between the Vita and the PS4.

Once the pairing is down the remote play data is primarily going straight from the PS4 to the Vita through local.

On the other setting, it goes from PS4, to internet, to Vita and is slower.

I have not tried starting remote play over local and then yanking my routers connection to the internet. I just know that you can have absolute GARBAGE tier internet and it doesn't affect your remote play none if on local. (like, satellite internet crap quality).

Yea im wondering because I have crap internet that is limited to 15gb a month(shoot me). So just wondering if i play remote play local if it will eat up my internet. Thanks by the way for the info.
#8paulrgodgfPosted 2/21/2014 2:27:33 AM
I'm pretty sure the PS4 won't even turn on without being connected to a TV via HDMI.
#9NnamzPosted 2/21/2014 3:19:42 AM
paulrgodgf posted...
I'm pretty sure the PS4 won't even turn on without being connected to a TV via HDMI.

False.

I didn't have a TV for a week since moving to Japan, and used my Vita to play (and finish) Battlefield 4. No HDMI was connected it will work without it after that.
#10Spiroth_KweehhPosted 2/21/2014 4:24:36 AM
tag for later.
---
Official Wild Chocobo of the Dissidia 012 [Duodecim]: Final Fantasy Board
Official Wild Chocobo of the Final Fantasy world