Why doesn't Sony sell their PSN cards 20% at Bestbuy like Nintendo?

#1Semi45aPosted 2/21/2014 3:09:10 PM
Just curious why Sony's practices are so stingy? They rather have you spend more money up front and then give you a $10 or whatever after spending 50 rather than saving off the get go.

For those of you that say oh thats a Best buy thing. Well Sony has to allow it. Nintendo even sent emails notifying people of the Best Buy thing so if you think its just a Best Buy think you are just plain wrong and shouldn't even post.
---
Asinine, the most overused phrase on gamefaqs for people wanting to sound smart
Being unable to detect sarcasm and lies might be an early way to catch dementia
#2OoseyePosted 2/21/2014 3:14:14 PM
PSN prices seem like they're usually cheaper than the eshop anyways. Especially when it comes to full retail titles and VC.
---
PLAYING: Bravely Default
#3GigaDogqHDPosted 2/21/2014 3:15:12 PM
Why doesnt Ninty offer a PS+ service or have better sales like PSN does?

They are different companies son!
---
There are three types of people on GameFAQS...those that agree with me, those that are wrong, and those that are insane
#4stargazer64Posted 2/21/2014 3:34:53 PM
Why can I get psp games cheaper than nes games?
---
"[Mcnugget2256] you're weak sauce! A nugget dipped into WEAKSAUCE!" - OhGoodGrief
#5SevynePosted 2/21/2014 4:12:08 PM(edited)
Nintendo doesn't mark down their cards at Bestbuy. Bestbuy marks them down. Retailers tend to do that independently. Has nothing to do with Sony being "stingy" and no they don't have to explicitly "Allow" it. The retailers have already purchased the goods from Sony so they could wipe their corporate asses with them if they wanted to, but it wouldn't be very wise. Nintendo advertising the discount does not mean a thing, other than them wanting to get those out of Bestbuy's doors so Bestbuy will restock (aka more sales to the retailer).
#6bellzemoPosted 2/21/2014 4:33:42 PM
So you want Sony to sell you 20 dollars for 16 dollars? That makes no sense if I have to use my credit card and pay 20 dollars on the PSN. Do you want to give me a twenty dollar bill for 16 dollars? No you don't.
---
All that once was will be.
#7MyFavoriteDishPosted 2/21/2014 4:36:16 PM
I'm a sexy beast. Rawr.
---
Nintendo: Making hundreds of millions of kids happy, one sale at a time since 1889.
Biggest 3DS and Wii U fan here!
#8bellzemoPosted 2/21/2014 4:37:23 PM
MyFavoriteDish posted...
I'm a sexy beast. Rawr.

*Swoon*
---
All that once was will be.
#9TurbamPosted 2/21/2014 5:09:42 PM
Why don't you call Sony and ask?
---
I'm just one man! Whoa! Well, I'm a one man band!
http://img594.imageshack.us/img594/5459/dontlookatthis.gif
#10mr_eamanPosted 2/21/2014 5:38:34 PM
I don't know.
Why doesn't Nintendo tie online purchases to accounts and not consoles?
Why doesn't Sony also pat me on the back reassuringly before I get on the bus to school?
Why doesn't Sony send me nudes?
Why doesn't Sony just fly around my city in a blimp dropping localized games and hundred dollar bills?