Have fat Vita, should I sell and get that slim Vita in Borderlands 2 bundle?

#1DavidMeyerPosted 2/27/2014 4:22:50 AM
Seriously, I am attracted by the rounded, smooth curves of the black Vita slim that comes in the BL2 bundle. All the curves in the right places and the 2 analog nubs now have a nice, rubbery, natural feel to them. Love twiddling them with my thumbs. Not to mention the battery life is now longer, hence I can play in bed more.

That said, the screen is LCD and not OLED. The only drawback? Or are there other advantages that my current version 1, fat-ass Vita has that I overlook?

Any advice will be appreciated! Thanks!
#2starksthegamer2Posted 2/27/2014 5:45:06 AM
I would find someone who actually has it, ask to play it fir 30 mins, make sure its a game you've played plenty of times. Then make the decision.
---
PS4, Wii U! ,Vita, DS, & 3DS
#3MaxSteel_5Posted 2/27/2014 5:08:08 PM
It seems you like the new one more so sell it. Just know it is not a sturdy as the fat one. Get a decent protector case and its good.
---
Playing Soul Sacrifice, PlayStation All-Stars and Killzone: Mercenary.
Buying Borderlands 2, Soul Sacrifice Delta and God Eater 2
#4MagusNotFrogPosted 2/27/2014 5:25:48 PM
To be completely honest, the difference between the Vita's OLED and LCD is the contrast. That's all. The quality is the same. The only difference is that, in OLED, colors LITERALLY jump out to get you, while in LCD, they are less vibrant. I am personally going to give GameStop my OLED Vita in order to get the newer LCD model since I bought my Phat Vita pre-owned and am worried it might fail on me one day. With a new one I can rest peacefully and spend more than sixty dollars in that two year warranty plan that also includes accidents.
#5kabutokoujiPosted 2/27/2014 6:39:59 PM
vita 1000 is .03 grams heavier than vita 2000, how is that fat?
#6MagusNotFrogPosted 2/28/2014 5:27:29 AM
kabutokouji posted...

It is just how I like to call PCH-1000.
#7Zero_ManiacPosted 2/28/2014 5:34:13 AM
kabutokouji posted...

Not only that, but it's already pretty skinny in appearance. I wouldn't want my handheld to be any skinnier for fear of it breaking if I accidentally drop it.
---
Currently playing: Skyrim, Oblivion, Morrowind, Amnesia, Portal 2, and lots of Indie games
Currently watching: Rurouni Kenshin, Toradora, Inuyasha
#8BahamutBBobPosted 2/28/2014 8:15:04 AM
MagusNotFrog posted...
colors LITERALLY jump out to get you

Now I want to play Castle Crashers! Dat painter boss!
---
XBL / PSN: BahamutBBob
#9Phenix_no_SaintPosted 2/28/2014 8:26:43 AM
Quote:
"vita 1000 is .03 grams heavier than vita 2000, how is that fat?"

Nope, it is 41 grams heavier.

I have a Slim (bought an imported model since there is no fixed date in Europe, so I jumped the gun before Borderlands 2.).
I like it. I do not have a PCH1000, mind you, I upgraded directly from the PSP.

It is skinny, but I do not feel like I could break it while playing. The only hardware complaint I would have is the back tactile pad, which I keep touching without meaning to. I will get used to it (mostly have). Simply coil your fingers under the rubber protection on the back and every thing should be fine.

Software-wise, there is no change, the installed apps (or lack thereof) are still annoying as ever. Three things I would like to see in coming firmwares: a battery percentage, an e-book reader, and a better photo viewer (sorting into folders and subfolders would be nice, as well as a way to decide on a default zoom. For those wondering, I am reading comics on my Vita.).
---
Captain of BleachWeb's Inquisitorial Grammar Squad
#10fortePosted 3/6/2014 3:17:32 AM
MagusNotFrog posted...
To be completely honest, the difference between the Vita's OLED and LCD is the contrast. That's all. The quality is the same. The only difference is that, in OLED, colors LITERALLY jump out to get you, while in LCD, they are less vibrant. I am personally going to give GameStop my OLED Vita in order to get the newer LCD model since I bought my Phat Vita pre-owned and am worried it might fail on me one day. With a new one I can rest peacefully and spend more than sixty dollars in that two year warranty plan that also includes accidents.

Yep this is absolutely the biggest gripe I had when I played it in Tokyo a few months back. I even like the Matte finish, but that LCD absolute crap compared to the OLED.