C/D Vita sales would be higher if there were more limited edition models.

#1mrhappyguy12345Posted 3/5/2014 9:50:02 AM
Like the Soul Sacrifice model(which was only available in Japan ><), or like what Nintendo does with the 3DS with the cool paint jobs(Pikachu, Yoshi, MH, Zelda etc).

I think it would boost sales. For instance I would consider picking up a BL2 if the Vita was painted with a BL theme, even though I have an OLED Vita. I know it's superficial but we're geeks dammit, and these things are appealing. .
---
Save The Last Humans
#2GigaDogqHDPosted 3/5/2014 9:51:11 AM
Dont know by how much en masse, but I have always said I will buy at least one more Vita if its LE. I have 4 3DS.
---
There are three types of people on GameFAQS...those that agree with me, those that are wrong, and those that are insane
#3mrhappyguy12345(Topic Creator)Posted 3/5/2014 9:54:19 AM
GigaDogqHD posted...
Dont know by how much en masse, but I have always said I will buy at least one more Vita if its LE. I have 4 3DS.

Case in point right there. 3DS sell like hot cakes as is, and the LE models really boost their sales. There are a good amount of people with more than one 3DS just because they have so many cool editions.
---
Save The Last Humans
#4filanimetorPosted 3/5/2014 9:54:44 AM
I think more games will increase Vita sales rather than more Vitas... XD

But in another viewpoint...more Vitas/fanbase = better chance of devs/publishers releasing games for the Vita...hmm...
---
I came here to drink milk and kick ass...
...and I just finished my milk.
#5vvavvesPosted 3/5/2014 9:55:45 AM
confirm
#6mrhappyguy12345(Topic Creator)Posted 3/5/2014 9:57:28 AM
filanimetor posted...
I think more games will increase Vita sales rather than more Vitas... XD

But in another viewpoint...more Vitas/fanbase = better chance of devs/publishers releasing games for the Vita...hmm...

I have over 40 games on my Vita. There are plenty of games, just not enough big name titles that appeal to a broader market.
---
Save The Last Humans
#7filanimetorPosted 3/5/2014 10:05:24 AM
But the thing is though that not many will buy LE and still keep their old one. Chances are they'll buy the LE, sell their old one, preventing another person from buying a brand new one. Which in turn didn't really help in sales in the end.
---
#8mrhappyguy12345(Topic Creator)Posted 3/5/2014 10:11:23 AM
filanimetor posted...
But the thing is though that not many will buy LE and still keep their old one. Chances are they'll buy the LE, sell their old one, preventing another person from buying a brand new one. Which in turn didn't really help in sales in the end.

Sure it does as it's still a new sale, and the guy who buys the old one, increasing the user base, will buy games for it which adds even more profit.
---
Save The Last Humans
#9filanimetorPosted 3/5/2014 10:16:12 AM
mrhappyguy12345 posted...
filanimetor posted...

Sure it does as it's still a new sale, and the guy who buys the old one, increasing the user base, will buy games for it which adds even more profit.

Yes it increases the user base but not the Vita sales. As in my example above, it would be no diff than one guy buying a new regular Vita.
---
#10mrhappyguy12345(Topic Creator)Posted 3/5/2014 10:33:18 AM
filanimetor posted...
mrhappyguy12345 posted...
filanimetor posted...

Yes it increases the user base but not the Vita sales. As in my example above, it would be no diff than one guy buying a new regular Vita.

So you're saying that if I went out and bought a new vita that it wouldn't increase sales?

It doesn't matter who buys it, a sale is a sale.

+1 actually = +0???
---
Save The Last Humans