C/D Vita sales would be higher if there were more limited edition models.

#11filanimetorPosted 3/5/2014 10:47:44 AM(edited)
mrhappyguy12345 posted...
filanimetor posted...
mrhappyguy12345 posted...
filanimetor posted...
But the thing is though that not many will buy LE and still keep their old one. Chances are they'll buy the LE, sell their old one, preventing another person from buying a brand new one. Which in turn didn't really help in sales in the end.

Sure it does as it's still a new sale, and the guy who buys the old one, increasing the user base, will buy games for it which adds even more profit.

Yes it increases the user base but not the Vita sales. As in my example above, it would be no diff than one guy buying a new regular Vita.

So you're saying that if I went out and bought a new vita that it wouldn't increase sales?

It doesn't matter who buys it, a sale is a sale.

+1 actually = +0???

Only if you sell your old one.
It would mean that LE wouldn't even matter in the first place.
Perhaps an example would suffice

Situation 1: LE was released
Guy A buy the LE and sells his old Vita. Guy B buys Guy A's Vita instead of buying brand new.
Vita sales +1
User base +1

Situation 2: No LE was released
Guy A has no reason to buy another Vita and keep his old one. Guy B buys brand new one
Vita sales +1
User base +1

As in my post in the previous page, not many will:
Situation 1: LE was released
Guy A buys the LE and keeps his old Vita. Guy B buys a new one.
Vita sales +2
User base +1

See my point?
---
I came here to drink milk and kick ass...
...and I just finished my milk.
#12mrhappyguy12345(Topic Creator)Posted 3/5/2014 10:45:16 AM
I see your point, but you're over thinking it a bit by saying that it doesn't count as a sale. Perhaps Guy B was waiting for a lower price and that's why he bought used. He may have never purchased a new one at all.

But the point is if new versions are released and are purchased then it does increase total sales.
---
Save The Last Humans
#13filanimetorPosted 3/5/2014 10:57:15 AM
And do note I said "not many will". I did not completely say LE will not increase vita sales. All I'm saying is it does gives higher sales just to be fair but that won't be much.
---
#14Spiffy247Posted 3/5/2014 11:56:20 AM
filanimetor posted...

I'm here to eat soup and kick ass.
And I'm all out of ass.
---
GameFAQs' Spiffiest, fanciest Vampire.
The 3DS and PSVita are both outstanding systems. Wally the Equality Weasel says so.
#15mrhappyguy12345(Topic Creator)Posted 3/5/2014 4:46:51 PM
Bump
---
Save The Last Humans
#16Shacky_101Posted 3/5/2014 4:51:25 PM
If it was bundled with a game that appeals to everyone (like GTA) then yes it would sell a lot. Especially if the Vita in that bundle was golden *.*
---
To be or not to be, William Shakespeare sucks.
#17mrhappyguy12345(Topic Creator)Posted 3/5/2014 5:43:05 PM
That's why I'm a little disappointed that there isn't a LE Borderlands Vita. They seem to making a big push with this and a nice design/color scheme would grab people's attention even more.
---
Save The Last Humans
#18yomomma0919Posted 3/5/2014 5:45:24 PM
No it needs more games and cheaper memory cards.
---
3DS FC: 0533-4875-0540 PokemonY IGN: Serena /NNID/VITA PSN:Leek0919
Cloning reference: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/2000458-pokemon-x-y-trading/68228469
#19SSJ4CHRISPosted 3/12/2014 6:14:35 AM
If there were new games to go with those LEs, then it probably would. A gussied up Vita for no reason would just be a gussied up Vita with the same games to play.
---
The Internet allows us to make more mistakes faster than any invention in history. With the possible exceptions of Handguns and Tequila!