Vita Slim made me relove Vita again.

#1Multiboy2kPosted 3/12/2014 4:20:40 PM
I sold my old vita on craigslist back in September and didnt miss it one bit.
But, after importing the 2000, the form factor of this machine literally feels like a brand new handheld!
Battery life is freaking amazing on this thing. I thought I would never say that about any sony handheld, but at the lowest setting this thing is almost running neck and neck with my ipad mini retina for battery life. I get 9+ hours on the new vita. At the lowest brightness settings, the lcd screen is far more useable in low light settings and the afforded battery life makes it pretty awesome. It's so very lightweight the difference is very noticeable.

Tldr:
If you are on the fence about upgrading your Vita,
BUY THIS.
#2YamiJustinPosted 3/12/2014 4:24:49 PM
Okay. Glad you like the Slim, but the battery life is not 9 hours. Sony and other users confirm you get about an hour more because it doesn't require as much battery using a lesser LCD screen instead of the OLED.
---
3DS Friend Code: 5172 - 0801 - 8484 | PSN: YamiJustin (PS3/PS4/Vita)
Got OLED Vita! Waiting for X/X-2 HD, Type-0 English, FF15, Majora's Mask 3D!
#3Multiboy2k(Topic Creator)Posted 3/12/2014 4:31:08 PM
YamiJustin posted...
Okay. Glad you like the Slim, but the battery life is not 9 hours. Sony and other users confirm you get about an hour more because it doesn't require as much battery using a lesser LCD screen instead of the OLED.

....erm...I HAVE the unit.
So, i'm not guessing in my comment. Im speaking from fact here.
I dont need to look anything up when I go to my Battery Usage and see 9 hours 23 mins listed there.
Im just saying. lol
#4Rakuen33Posted 3/12/2014 4:33:41 PM
Multiboy2k posted...
YamiJustin posted...

I dont need to look anything up when I go to my Battery Usage and see 9 hours 23 mins listed there.
Im just saying. lol

Mmm... don't think so.
Also, it depends on how taxing the game is, as well. But even a less-taxing game would give you, likely at most, 5-6 hours.
#5bj91xPosted 3/12/2014 4:35:39 PM
There's a lot of negativity regarding PSV 2000's LCD screen. I didn't like it at first, either, but after spending a few hours on it, I prefer the 2000's screen over the 1000's screen. 1000's screen is just way too over saturated. Black levels aside, the colors are much more accurate on the 2000. In fact, after playing with 2000, I can't seem to go back to 1000's screen.

The weight is also surprisingly different. I didn't think 15% would be noticeable but after playing with the 2000, 1000 feels like a brick now. The start and select buttons are also easier to press. The form factor is more comfortable to hold. Change to micro USB means less cables I need. It can also be charged using 1A portable smartphone chargers.

The only things I find worse are sound quality and slower response time due to change to LCD (more ghosting, concern for fighting games with just frames). Then again, unless I have to play a game like 3rd Strike, the response time shouldn't matter.
---
Kupo, Kupo, Kupo!!!
#6YamiJustinPosted 3/12/2014 4:35:49 PM
Rakuen33 posted...
Multiboy2k posted...
YamiJustin posted...

Im just saying. lol

Mmm... don't think so.
Also, it depends on how taxing the game is, as well. But even a less-taxing game would give you, likely at most, 5-6 hours.

Yeah, when they say 4 or 5 hours they mean if you are gaming consistently or using apps you will have that battery life. 9 hours doing just that? No way
---
3DS Friend Code: 5172 - 0801 - 8484 | PSN: YamiJustin (PS3/PS4/Vita)
Got OLED Vita! Waiting for X/X-2 HD, Type-0 English, FF15, Majora's Mask 3D!
#7Rakuen33Posted 3/12/2014 4:36:59 PM
YamiJustin posted...
Rakuen33 posted...
Multiboy2k posted...
YamiJustin posted...

Im just saying. lol

Mmm... don't think so.

Yeah, when they say 4 or 5 hours they mean if you are gaming consistently or using apps you will have that battery life. 9 hours doing just that? No way

Maybe he's a unicorn?
#8GhaleunPosted 3/12/2014 4:37:05 PM
I have generally heard the same thing, i recently got the OLED vita because 1 hour doesnt matter to me and every review i read/watched (and i watched a lot since i try to do my homework on big purchases) have said the same thing, 9 hours sounds like it is on a game that doesnt take a lot of power.
---
Memento mori
#9arclouks_xPosted 3/12/2014 4:40:03 PM
I can see it doing 9 hours with a psp or ps1 game with no wifi and lowest brightness, around 5:30 with kz merc lol
---
PSN:JustArc_ 3DS FC: 4527-9298-6268
Now playing:Persona 2: Innocent Sin, Toukiden.
#10Rakuen33Posted 3/12/2014 4:49:02 PM
arclouks_x posted...
I can see it doing 9 hours with a psp or ps1 game with no wifi and lowest brightness, around 5:30 with kz merc lol

Even for a PSP, you'd need a PSP 2000, while using a PSP 1000 Battery. (That ups the battery life - I used to use that method) and it'd get be about 10-ish hours :)