Play Persona 3 before P4G?

#21m0derationPosted 3/15/2014 6:39:27 PM
I don't understand. You already bought the game. Just play it. Persona 4 overall is a better experience on the Vita anyways.
#22Zero_ManiacPosted 3/15/2014 7:15:09 PM
Shoothemonkey posted...
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]

Wow. This was seriously modded? XD

At any rate, I'd play P3 first. Will make you appreciate P4G more.
---
Currently playing: Skyrim, Oblivion, Morrowind, Amnesia, Portal 2, and lots of Indie games
Currently watching: Rurouni Kenshin, Toradora, Inuyasha
#23rpglover13Posted 3/15/2014 8:34:41 PM
Ep1taph303 posted...
So, the opinion here is pretty split 50-50

Here's the deal: I played P4G before I started P3. When I considered playing P3 I ran into the dilemma of getting P3P or P3FES. I ultimately got P3P and here is why: P3FES does not let you control your party members and from what most say, the AI is horrible, so don't go from P4G(where you can control party members) to P3FES or you will most likely have a tough time. Although P3FES has a school/town environment in 3d where you can move your character and the optional last episode(The Answer), many people told me that they did not enjoy The Answer and that it was a waste of time mostly. The school/town environment in P3P is played out like a almost like a point and click adventure, while the dungeon crawling remains in full 3D control. This was actually a plus for me, it kept things fresh and made the game seem like its own rather than a repeat of P4G.
It's really up to you, however, consider this: you can always youtube the scenes from the one extra episode that P3FES has, but you can't play through the whole new female MC experience that P3P has if you go with P3FES.
#24zandm7Posted 3/15/2014 8:51:10 PM
IMO 4 is the easier one to get into to start with.

If you're playing P3P, I'd start with P4G. Because the game mechanics in P3P are all directly copied from P4 so it's not as hard as, say, going to P3 FES from P4G.
---
The Epic Shadow Meltdown Followed By Bromances (The Army Of Three) And The Vodka Showdown: THE BATTLE TO 500: http://goo.gl/ZedBUq
PSN: zandm7, Steam: zandm7
#25dudupupuPosted 3/15/2014 8:55:35 PM
If you go from P3's awesome plot to P4's, I can't help but feel you'll be heavily disappointed. P4 is a step down from P3 in terms of story, for sure.
---
Proud follower of Christ!
3DS: Name: SwuglyBear, FC: 5429-7287-4928
#26vedoris86Posted 3/15/2014 11:45:01 PM
MwarriorHiei posted...
persona 3 fes is the superior version so play that if you can.

False , if you never played fes , you won't miss out on stuff it cut out in p3p . P3p is great, the improved gameplay and you can take it portable with you , makes up for lack anime cut scenes and town exploration , once you get used to it, it's far more efficient to get around in p3p
---
PSN vedoris
3DS FC 2277-8069-7350
#27grangiaPosted 3/16/2014 1:59:03 PM
Spiffy247 posted...
grangia posted...
Ep1taph303 posted...
So, the opinion here is pretty split 50-50

Basically:
FES is the most complete version since it has the epilogue, but that whole epilogue dungeon is considered unfairly hard that some may recommend that you just Youtube it, so YMMV

The epilogue dungeon was actually not that hard. But that could just be because I'm so fabulous.

I'm just going by word of mouth since I never found FES personally and I've already watched a complete LP so I don't care to look for it now.
---
http://app.sketchclub.com/user/10083807
PSN:Dr-Toszi