Name a Vita game that despite the hype, you couldn't get into it.

#1ShoothemonkeyPosted 3/17/2014 5:16:10 PM
Flippin' heck, after Sega Sammy acquired Atlus, most of Atlus's games were continuously on sale. Just look at the Persona series both on PSP and the PS Classics... In every two-or-about-three weeks, they appear on sale. Same as Catherine, Class of Heroes, Persona 4 Arena. Other games were at the tip of my tongue, but I can't remember them. I'm not a sorcerer or anything.

And Dragon's Crown, which I've purchased for a mere 30 or so bucks. It's been lying on my small Vita shelf for around three months. Since January. Yeah, I don't plan to play it at all too.

Truth is, I did buy it on November. Muramasa was my first experience with Vanillaware, and I loved that game as much as many people here did, so dev loyalty was the main reason I considered DC. But still, instead of getting it launch day I decided to wait for a sale, because I rarely buy games full price and I also had a relatively large backlog to chop through.

Asking the clerk if they had DC for Vita, I wasn't particularly excited about it. It felt like one of those normal purchases. So after arriving back at home, I booted up DC and was greeted with an animated fairy hovering above the Atlus logo. I was stunned it only had three frames of animation, but I don't judge books by their cover.

Past those splash screens... UGH! The menu UI was really small! Muramasa had easy to read interface, DC had small words on-screen. Ehh, most Atlus games had great UI, so why not this game? :/

Entering the tutorial, I started with the... Knight? I forgot his name, but I think it was the first option in the character select screen. So the game tells me the attack buttons and all that, and I noticed that it was clunky as hell. There were two noticably games that DC could be compared with--Golden Axe, which I haven't played, and Castle Crashers, which felt much smooth and fluid personally. I don't know what I was expecting from this game other than the contraversal Amazon and Sorceress having blatantly large breasts. So it was the first five minutes of the game, but I knew that the game would have played the same for the remainder. Bah.

I retried to play this game on December/Mid-January, but no luck. Maybe I just don't get it after all. My general consensus was that I didn't like combat, OST wasn't my type, it would be too repetitive for me. I tried liking this game. I really did, but it isn't for me. So now, it stays on my shelf until some of my friends wants me to lend my Vita to them.

And finally... I don't know why I wrote a wall of text just to ask about your past experiences. I just feel like it. Maybe it might people to post more than just the game title or somethin'. >.< so given the crapload of hype the board generates (Just look at OlliOlli back then)...

which games had you left disappointed once you tried them and it didn't recapture that feeling people were describing?
---
Beep beep beep beep beep beep beep, beep beep beep beep beep beep beep, beep beep beep beep beep beep beep, beep, beep, beep, b-b-beep
- Mexican Beeping Song
#2AzurexNightmarePosted 3/17/2014 5:23:11 PM
If you dont want dragon's crown send it to me :c
---
Digimon World 1 Remake on 3DS only 2k needed to localize
http://tinyurl.com/mspjy3e
#3GundamRedPosted 3/17/2014 5:25:21 PM
Didnt we have this topic yesterday?
#4Shoothemonkey(Topic Creator)Posted 3/17/2014 5:26:27 PM
GundamRed posted...
Didnt we have this topic yesterday?

No.
---
Beep beep beep beep beep beep beep, beep beep beep beep beep beep beep, beep beep beep beep beep beep beep, beep, beep, beep, b-b-beep
- Mexican Beeping Song
#5stargazer64Posted 3/17/2014 5:29:39 PM
Definitely Little Big PLANET. We hates it, precious.
---
"[Mcnugget2256] you're weak sauce! A nugget dipped into WEAKSAUCE!" - OhGoodGrief
#6zezprahPosted 3/17/2014 5:31:23 PM
Tearaway
---
she got a big booty so i call her big booty
#7O2AshPosted 3/17/2014 5:35:45 PM
Gravity Rush. Kinda lost momentum and haven't played it since.
---
CRAZY Pokemon Battle Piano/Band cover: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UHBgtcIwkoA
FROZEN Let It Go Piano cover: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tTAAzc3SGaA
#8rockman202Posted 3/17/2014 5:38:36 PM
Does it have to be Vita? I can easily think of a certain 3DS game that fits the topic... Vita though, at the moment, I can't think of one.
---
3DS FC:1805-2182-4512
#9Shoothemonkey(Topic Creator)Posted 3/17/2014 5:43:09 PM
rockman202 posted...
Does it have to be Vita? I can easily think of a certain 3DS game that fits the topic... Vita though, at the moment, I can't think of one.

I didn't say anything about the 3DS because I don't need a topic removal from the mods for "Off-topic posting", but I'm not against that idea at all. Go for it.
---
- Mexican Beeping Song
#10rockman202Posted 3/17/2014 5:47:48 PM
Well, Bravely Default, I can't understand why that game is so hyped up. I got it day one, and it literally took me about a week to beat two chapters, I would pick it up, play for about 10 minutes and put it down again, I just couldn't get into it at all.
---
3DS FC:1805-2182-4512