French Journalist Tried Borderlands 2 Vita - Not So Good

#61Kazuhira07Posted 3/19/2014 3:54:19 PM
__starsnostars posted...
I was never going to buy this game anyway. Already have the vastly superior version.

PC?
---
PSN: Kazuhira07
#62bigarsebits1Posted 3/19/2014 3:58:14 PM
It seems quite odd that Gearbox would allow of all people, a "French Video Game Journalist", to even get near something that just a few short weeks ago Sony Reps had such high praise for. This could be true, but I'm sensing a bit of foul play here - I guess we will know in a few weeks how this really pans out, but it may force Gearbox's hand at finally showing the gameplay aspect, not just nice cell-shaded stills...I doubt it's terrible, but it could very well be an issue with FPS after all. We know the Vita is incredibly powerful for a handheld, but as COD showed us all, without good programming and scope, a decent franchise can fall on it's end, even with the Vita's power...

I also thought the tweet seemed a bit...well..un-French in scope and grammar. Then again, he is supposedly a video game journalist...;)
---
"Facere Non Dicere"
#63StryfeRavesPosted 3/19/2014 4:16:31 PM
FKRW4Life posted...
Im actually hoping it turns out well and sells well so that the people who are porting it can start porting something I want. Preferably Elder Scrolls, Fall Out 3/New Vegas, Bio Shock, or a Dead Space game.

Absolute no to all of those ports besides Bioshock. I'd perfer we get a Ni No Kuni Vita, Valkyria Chronicles Vita, and our very own Souls game on the Vita.
#64__starsnostarsPosted 3/19/2014 4:28:25 PM
Kazuhira07 posted...
__starsnostars posted...
I was never going to buy this game anyway. Already have the vastly superior version.

PC?

Yeah, but I bet even the console versions are going to be leagues ahead of this Vita port.
#65Trupp88Posted 3/19/2014 4:57:28 PM
I saw the 5 second or so clip of Borderlands 2 gameplay that was posted here. But it seems to be taken down. It's hard to tell based on off screen gameplay but it didn't look terrible. Seemed to be running fine.
#66Fray_MakenPosted 3/19/2014 5:00:33 PM(edited)
Twitter Comments.

Kirk Hamilton (Individual who made the Vine footage)
I only played a little, seemed fine, less detailed effects/detail, framerate felt like 30-ish

Iíll have to play a little more to be sure, but from brief demo it seemed fine, though not super impressive

Brendan Keogh
Looks great, little bit choppy framerate. Bit fiddly and clearly a port, but still pretty good!
#67Spiffy247Posted 3/19/2014 5:00:33 PM
Fray_Maken posted...
Twitter Comments.

I only played a little, seemed fine, less detailed effects/detail, framerate felt like 30-ish

Brendan Keogh
Looks great, little bit choppy framerate. Bit fiddly and clearly a port, but still pretty good!

Yay! I am sure I'll be happy with it. Now we need a release date!
---
GameFAQs' Spiffiest, fanciest Vampire.
The 3DS and PSVita are both outstanding systems. Wally the Equality Weasel says so.
#68inFAMOUSJakeyPosted 3/19/2014 5:05:45 PM
Spiffy247 posted...
Fray_Maken posted...
Twitter Comments.

Brendan Keogh

Yay! I am sure I'll be happy with it. Now we need a release date!

I think we will have lots of issues with game having huge frame drops when fighting bosses and etc...
#69Fray_MakenPosted 3/19/2014 5:13:26 PM
IGN - Greg Miller

Not as smooth as PS3, back touch takes getting used to, still Borderlands 2, can't wait for final code.
#70Fray_MakenPosted 3/19/2014 5:14:34 PM
IGN write up coming soon.

Colin Moriarty
I played Borderlands 2 on Vita. Look for my write-up shortly on IGN.