question for any new vita 2000 owners. and 1 more.question.

#1Superman11110Posted 3/25/2014 6:46:59 AM
-Hello, I find myself lately waiting in my car for my wife to get off of work when it's sunny outside and my vitas screen becomes really difficult to see. I was wondering if anyone with the newer vita model knows (or could possibly check) if it suffers from this also?

-Also now that the 100 app limit is gone I'm ready to invest in a 64gb memory card, just wanted to ask and make sure from anyone who has imported one already if there have been any issues with it being from Japan and the vita being from a different region?
#2tuna-eggPosted 3/25/2014 7:35:04 AM
I haven't been able to do a side by side comparison yet so not 100 percent sure, but it seemed to me that my Vita slim screen was easier to see at max brightness when playing inside the car in broad daylight. Not as bright as my iPhone 5c screen mind you, but bright enough not to squint too much compared to the 1000 model.
#3Lord_VishanaPosted 3/25/2014 7:38:54 AM
You shouldn't have any issue with the memory card. Both the Vita itself and memory cards are region free.
---
Most anticipated games of 2014: Persona Q, Freedom Wars, Bayonetta 2 Azure Striker Gunvolt 3DS FC: 3394-3716-0128 Vita PSN: Queen_Sialeeds
#4Superman11110(Topic Creator)Posted 3/25/2014 7:45:35 AM
tuna-egg posted...
I haven't been able to do a side by side comparison yet so not 100 percent sure, but it seemed to me that my Vita slim screen was easier to see at max brightness when playing inside the car in broad daylight. Not as bright as my iPhone 5c screen mind you, but bright enough not to squint too much compared to the 1000 model.

Thank you, I remember you from the other topic days ago, I appreciate you checking that out for me. That's really my only complaint with the vita aside from the 100 app limit that was fixed today. Just looking for an.excuse to buy the new one lol
#5Superman11110(Topic Creator)Posted 3/25/2014 7:46:39 AM
Lord_Vishana posted...
You shouldn't have any issue with the memory card. Both the Vita itself and memory cards are region free.

Thank you for the reply, just wanted to make sure before I dropped 100 dollars on it.
#6gray_fox_00Posted 3/25/2014 8:10:37 AM
It's a bit easier to see on max, but if you're going to be playing in sunlight often I'd recommend a matte finish screen protector. It tends to help with the glare.
---
A word to the wise ain't necessary - it's the stupid ones that need the advice
#7Superman11110(Topic Creator)Posted 3/25/2014 9:22:01 AM
gray_fox_00 posted...
It's a bit easier to see on max, but if you're going to be playing in sunlight often I'd recommend a matte finish screen protector. It tends to help with the glare.

Interesting, I just did a bit of research on those, think I may give one a try when I get the new vita model, then I can have one for inside and one for outside. Thanks for the tip.
#8RayderPosted 3/25/2014 10:25:01 AM
I have an imported 64GB card in my USA Vita 1000. No issues. Actually, the card seems much faster than the 16GB card I had in it previously. Gives you 59GB of usable space.

One thing I didn't investigate when buying the Vita was how OLED performed in daylight. I hoped it would be better than LCD, but apparently not.
---
I've been gaming since the '70's. I've seen/played/been-there-done-that all before and now I'm bored.
#9Superman11110(Topic Creator)Posted 3/25/2014 11:17:04 AM
Rayder posted...
I have an imported 64GB card in my USA Vita 1000. No issues. Actually, the card seems much faster than the 16GB card I had in it previously. Gives you 59GB of usable space.

One thing I didn't investigate when buying the Vita was how OLED performed in daylight. I hoped it would be better than LCD, but apparently not.

Thank you for the reply, have you also downloaded the 3.10 update? I read some people were having issues with certain memory cards after updating, are you updated and issue free?