Anyone else wish we got XIII instead of X?

#61Shin_GallonPosted 3/29/2014 9:04:45 AM
I wish it were VIII instead of either, but that's because VIII is the best post-SNES Final Fantasy game.
---
Friends don't let friends watch dubbed anime.
#62__Blight__Posted 3/29/2014 9:10:55 AM
They are both horrible games. I would only purchase it to give FFX-2 a shot, but even then, I am skeptical.
---
This wretched world does not reward endeavor, it is the patron and his troupe who are receipt; maggots grown fat on endeavour's corpse.
#63GotrysPosted 3/29/2014 9:19:45 AM
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(I'm drunk right now)
#64wh0_kn0wsPosted 3/29/2014 9:29:17 AM
why, topic, why
---
it's simple. just be nice.
#65TheEntitledOnePosted 3/29/2014 9:31:19 AM
Anyone else wish XIII was good?
---
I got your number! I got all your numbers!
#66NeoZephyrPosted 3/29/2014 9:39:05 AM
I was about to be all "Oh God no, what are you smoking?" But...a good port? That's not overly nerfed, and looked good and ran well? I'd like what that would imply power-wise for the Vita, and the doors it would open in the future.
#67O2AshPosted 3/29/2014 9:40:52 AM
http://i.imgur.com/hihiKEj.gif

Really though, I'm glad we got X and X-2. Now we just need XII.
---
CRAZY Pokemon Battle Piano/Band cover: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UHBgtcIwkoA
FROZEN Let It Go Piano cover: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tTAAzc3SGaA
#68PunrazPosted 3/29/2014 9:42:54 AM
NeoZephyr posted...
I was about to be all "Oh God no, what are you smoking?" But...a good port? That's not overly nerfed, and looked good and ran well? I'd like what that would imply power-wise for the Vita, and the doors it would open in the future.

Sony said that they were "Discouraging developers from porting games to the Vita." before it launched. That turned out really well, huh?
#69DTM847Posted 3/29/2014 9:50:13 AM
I wouldn't say I hate FFXIII, but it is certainly a low point in the series. FFX is one of the best PS2 games so that was definitely the right choice.
---
"Had to be me. Someone else might have gotten it wrong." - Mordin Solus
PSN ID: Danimals847 | Steam ID: Danimals847
#70LiquiDZerOPosted 3/29/2014 9:55:05 AM
IngExBein posted...
Anybody who likes 13 is just a new-gen baby who doesn't know better, guys. Go easy on them.

They are the new "FF7 is the best ever" crowd.

Sorry dude, but I started playing FF with the first game back in 1992. Although I found the plot of FF13 lackluster, I enjoyed the combat a lot more than FFX and I don't think it's a horrible game.

I'm actually part of the FF6 is the best ever crowd, despite the ESPer system being similar to the materia system, which I felt completely ruined the individuality of the characters in 7. Although you could hypothetically build every character to have every spell, swapping out materia ruins the point of separate characters and the character skills in 6 are unique (stealing vs. blitz) whereas nearly every limit break is merely different animations to deal damage.

Personally, I'd rather have a FF12 port than X even though Vaan sucks, Balthier and Basch are more interesting as characters. Tidus has absolutely no character development at all.
---
"I can't begin to count the number of agents whose lives were saved by a cardboard box." -Snake