Shutting off touch screen

#1mafiafunPosted 3/30/2014 6:13:11 AM
When linking with PS4, is there a way to turn off the touch screen? At least make it so that it is just a regular screen?

****ing annoying when crap begins to pop up while playing awesomenauts.
---
"Space: the final frontier... To explore strange new worlds, to seek out new life and new civilizations, to boldly go where no man has gone before."
#2mortalporcupinePosted 3/30/2014 3:46:24 PM
Why would you be touching the screen when your thumbs are on the analogue sticks and buttons? Its not like you can accidentally slip off the analogue sticks onto the screen....... Im confused
---
UK PSN: pogo1up
#3mafiafun(Topic Creator)Posted 3/31/2014 3:25:02 AM
So... anyone?
---
"Space: the final frontier... To explore strange new worlds, to seek out new life and new civilizations, to boldly go where no man has gone before."
#4bellzemoPosted 3/31/2014 8:11:52 AM
Do you want the notifications to stop popping up? Is that what you are asking? You can't shut off the touch controls as far as I know.
---
All that once was will be.
#5mafiafun(Topic Creator)Posted 4/4/2014 11:26:24 AM
bellzemo posted...
Do you want the notifications to stop popping up? Is that what you are asking? You can't shut off the touch controls as far as I know.

Touch screen controls. That is lame...
---
#6dancer62Posted 4/4/2014 1:04:18 PM
mafiafun posted...
bellzemo posted...

Lame? Nintendo has 'em, so Sony has to also. Motion controls? Nintendo has 'em, Sony has to have them too. Be glad the Vita doesn't have two screens, even if they did double up on touchpads.
Be glad Sony didn't go with two screens.
---
I'm waiting for Bandai to release the WonderSwan/SwanCrystal II and blow both the Vita and the 3DS away.
#7iDoneGotUPosted 4/4/2014 2:45:29 PM
mafiafun posted...
bellzemo posted...

Everything has touch input now...My laptop, watch, phone, etc. Would be odd if Vita did NOT have touch in 2014.
---
But there is one thing a Saiyan always keep... his PRIDE!
http://i.imgur.com/xxLsTwZ.gif
#8Data DrainPosted 4/4/2014 2:47:54 PM
mafiafun posted...
When linking with PS4, is there a way to turn off the touch screen? At least make it so that it is just a regular screen?

****ing annoying when crap begins to pop up while playing awesomenauts.

Ahh, I hate it too! I just asked this a few weeks ago for the same reason; i keep hitting the touchscreen and the leaderboard comes up and sometimes pulls up a profile. It drives me insane.

Unfortunately, I got a 2000 model this week and was hoping that it would clear up the problem, but nope. I wish they did what Infamous did and have you touch the middle of the touchscreen to act as the touchpad instead of the whole thing.
---
DeceptiveChaos: Steel Gigas: HULK SMASH!
DeceptiveChaos: Me: STOP! Hama time!
#9mafiafun(Topic Creator)Posted 4/4/2014 4:15:43 PM
I don't mind it having touch input, but one should be allowed to at least shut it off if not configure controls using it.
---
#10MetalZoicPosted 4/4/2014 6:20:56 PM
If you smack the corner of the screen with a ballpeen hammer the touch screen controls should quit working.
If that doesn't do it try pouring a little bit of water on it.