So is western support going to be officially dead on vita by summer?

#1gamecube101Posted 3/31/2014 6:50:39 AM
I know early on this year we're supposed to be getting a god of war and sly collection and borderlands 2 (all ports of old games), but after that there is nothing. A gravity rush sequel is supposedly in the works, but nothing has been heard. While I'm not doubting it's existence, is there really no other major western development going on for this system?
#2stargazer64Posted 3/31/2014 6:55:55 AM
Gravity Rush is not Western.

Unless you count indies, major western support on handhelds is virtually non-existent right now. I doubt that will change anytime soon.
---
"[Mcnugget2256] you're weak sauce! A nugget dipped into WEAKSAUCE!" - OhGoodGrief
#3SmakshalakPosted 3/31/2014 6:56:13 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#4KconvPosted 3/31/2014 8:38:04 AM(edited)
The Vita doesnt have the release schedule of a healthy system, that doesnt mean its dead though.

It might be pining for the Fjords though.
#5GigaDogqHDPosted 3/31/2014 8:42:11 AM
Yes
---
There are three types of people on GameFAQS...those that agree with me, those that are wrong, and those that are insane
#6shauntenninePosted 3/31/2014 8:49:27 AM
How long did the PSP last? The Vita is 2 years old. Stop talking people out of wanting one with fear threads and enjoy the games the Vita has. Its barely 2 years old...
#7gamecube101(Topic Creator)Posted 3/31/2014 8:59:01 AM(edited)
shauntennine posted...
How long did the PSP last? The Vita is 2 years old. Stop talking people out of wanting one with fear threads and enjoy the games the Vita has. Its barely 2 years old...

2 years in the psp had 10-15 games coming out per month. That system had an insane amount of titles released on it. The vita gets a steady trickle of indie ports and small downloadable titles, but in all of 2013 only around 20 retail titles were released.

I'm not trying to talk people out of wanting one, I think the vita has enough quality titles to warrant a purchase. I just wish it had more of a future is all.
#8KconvPosted 3/31/2014 9:03:36 AM
The problem is developers dont want to develop because the install base is small, the install base is small because developers arent developing.

This is all compounded by the high cost of the system and the memory to do anything with it.

Which is why the relaunch in May, but for that to work, memory has to come down to make to make the PS+ more attractive.

The only real hope for the system is playstation now, and being able to play ps2, ps3 games on it.
#9AceMagasePosted 3/31/2014 9:24:40 AM
Does Sony support the Vita? No? The thing is already dead. They have a total of 0 announced blockbuster games in development, it's a f%$^ing joke, f$#$ you sony
#10chriswild741Posted 3/31/2014 9:28:14 AM
AceMagase posted...
Does Sony support the Vita? No? The thing is already dead. They have a total of 0 announced blockbuster games in development, it's a f%$^ing joke, f$#$ you sony

No... *shakes head* you're naive
---
#PlayStationVitaIsKing