Earthbound tho

So how is it?
---
"Jokes on you, I was only PRETENDING to be an idiot!" Element_Pearl
#2likematches(Topic Creator)Posted 4/2/2014 8:04:00 AM
No one?
---
#3Data DrainPosted 4/2/2014 9:12:58 AM(edited)
It looks good, but the problem I have with it (and a lot of indie games lately) is that it's only "Episode 1." Looking at the Kickstarter they had, people were told that the game was almost done and would be released in late 2012, but didn't actually release until yesterday.

Curiously, I sent a message to their twitter asking if episode 2 was even in development, but didn't get any response at all even though they've been responding to other people's tweets.

It looks like a decent game and I would love to pick it up, but it looks a lot like I'll just be paying $8 for a story that I'll never see actually get finished, so I'm passing on it.
---
DeceptiveChaos: Steel Gigas: HULK SMASH!
DeceptiveChaos: Me: STOP! Hama time!
#4NarutoPosted 4/2/2014 9:44:09 AM
I'm not sure what's up with the PS Mobile thing. Why not just put it on Android?
#5DapperDavePosted 4/2/2014 12:20:16 PM
Data Drain posted...
It looks good, but the problem I have with it (and a lot of indie games lately) is that it's only "Episode 1." Looking at the Kickstarter they had, people were told that the game was almost done and would be released in late 2012, but didn't actually release until yesterday.

Curiously, I sent a message to their twitter asking if episode 2 was even in development, but didn't get any response at all even though they've been responding to other people's tweets.

It looks like a decent game and I would love to pick it up, but it looks a lot like I'll just be paying $8 for a story that I'll never see actually get finished, so I'm passing on it.

Sorry, I honestly did not receive any message from you on Twitter. But I'll answer your questions here.

Yes, the game was delayed far past the expected release date. Chalk that up to my inexperience and my overestimation of how far the game really was at the time. Also some pretty big changes that went into the game since then.

Yes, Part 2 is in development and will hopefully premiere at PAX East next week. Don't expect Part 2 to take nearly as long to develop as Part 1. As you can imagine, creating a game from scratch takes a lot longer than simply adding more content to an existing framework. I won't give a release date here, but don't be surprised if it is out by the fall.
#6likematches(Topic Creator)Posted 4/2/2014 1:02:35 PM
Anyone else?
---
#7TsuyogaruPosted 4/2/2014 3:23:31 PM
Game is fantastic, I have been communicating with Dave here the dev. The only issue is right now there's a bug that makes the framerate quite slow when you get to the first major city. I'm currently awaiting for the updated build (which should be up in a few days) to alleviate this issue but the game is pretty awesome so far. Combat system is definitely unique, easy to learn but it looks like balancing blocking/dodging with attacks will be interesting during harder fights, not to mention having more party members. The game is definitely a nice change of pace as we don't see many Earthbound-style RPGs at all. I definitely recommend it, opening scene is especially epic. If you have any other questions, let me know.
---
Xbox Live: Chainsaw Smile
PSN: Scars_of_Wisdom
#8Data DrainPosted 4/2/2014 3:32:17 PM
DapperDave posted...
Data Drain posted...

Sorry, I honestly did not receive any message from you on Twitter. But I'll answer your questions here.

Yes, the game was delayed far past the expected release date. Chalk that up to my inexperience and my overestimation of how far the game really was at the time. Also some pretty big changes that went into the game since then.

Yes, Part 2 is in development and will hopefully premiere at PAX East next week. Don't expect Part 2 to take nearly as long to develop as Part 1. As you can imagine, creating a game from scratch takes a lot longer than simply adding more content to an existing framework. I won't give a release date here, but don't be surprised if it is out by the fall.

Thanks for the clarification. I think I'll wait to see how things shake out with episode two getting released. If that happens, I'll definitely pick this up.
---
DeceptiveChaos: Steel Gigas: HULK SMASH!
DeceptiveChaos: Me: STOP! Hama time!
#9likematches(Topic Creator)Posted 4/3/2014 12:39:10 AM
Anyone who has actually played it?
---
#10zog79Posted 4/3/2014 2:49:14 AM
I might buy it, it seems like a great game, but i'm really curious about the game length.
Two hours ? Five ? Ten ? More ?
Thanks.
---
You should not waste your time reading this...