Wow... I'm really glad I decided to jump on the original model

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation Vita
  3. Wow... I'm really glad I decided to jump on the original model
1 year ago#1
I've owned the Vita for about a day now, and I am really impressed by the deep black levels of this OLED screen. I've never liked the look of LCD or LED displays because of their poor black levels and poor upscaling of non-native resolution content. I find them to be hideous in comparison to Plasmas (which are better in every category except for brightness and longevity).

But this... this is a game changer for me (yes, I know I'm late to the party). OLED is definitely the future.

It has deeper blacks than any plasma, and far brighter/more accurate whites. And the refresh rate is also amazing. This screen truly feels like a luxurious piece of tech.
---
XBL Gamertag: Peltz | PSN ID: Peltz-0
Wii U NNID: Peltz-0 | 3DS Friend code: 1161-0129-0691
1 year ago#2
dat mura
---
There are three types of people on GameFAQS...those that agree with me, those that are wrong, and those that are insane
1 year ago#3
You're making me want to go buy a backup OLED model so I don't ever get stuck with the LCD screen.
1 year ago#4
GigaDogqHD posted...
dat mura

This. OLED can look as nice as it wants but until its techonology evolves, I don't want it.
---
I'm Doctor Tot, a professor specialized in Physical Defense who uses a Whip to attack his enemies, but one day I'll get DOINK'd in the butt by a Tonberry.
1 year ago#5
GigaDogqHD posted...
dat mura

I saw the mura effect when I was playing last night in the dark on a totally black loading screen. It honestly, it doesn't bother me in the slightest. It seems like an overblown complaint. I barely noticed it and it didn't impact the picture quality of actual gameplay/video, even with dark scenes.

Heck, I just took my Vita into a pitch black closet and with camera app, could not see the mura effect even then.

Then again, I only have a very small splotch on the lower left about an 1/8th the size of my fingernail. So I guess I'm lucky.
---
XBL Gamertag: Peltz | PSN ID: Peltz-0
Wii U NNID: Peltz-0 | 3DS Friend code: 1161-0129-0691
1 year ago#6
^ I agree, its not that bad. Still slightly annoying...it seems to be worse for me on FFX, maybe because of all the loading screens and cutscenes.
---
There are three types of people on GameFAQS...those that agree with me, those that are wrong, and those that are insane
1 year ago#7
OLED isnt reliable yet. has a very short lifespan compared to LCD, and OLED isnt user repairable. im gonna get a 2000 and shelve my 1000. hopefully as the tech improves somebody will produce a screen i can swap into it but probably not. if i could get my hands on 2-3 more brand new OLED screens now and a couple batteries i wouldnt move on as i have guaranteed longevity at that point.

also i agree with the others. mura is a non issue. the yellowing and fadeing + the vertical lines showing after time is an issue. im probably the perfect test example of its life span. i have played the ever living piss out of my vita (probably equal to 4 years of an average user in 2 years and change) my screen is toast. luckily you cant tell in the majority of games but everything else its very noticeable. im sure here in less than a year if i keep useing it, it will be un useable.
---
PSN-WartPigX, XBL-WartPig
"people talking without speaking, people hearing without listening"
1 year ago#8
vita 2000 is still better.
---
PSN ID: Ctx_Ghost FC: 1392-4747-3214
Asus Laptop | GTX 670M | i5 @3.1GHz | 8gb Ram | 750 HD | W8
1 year ago#9
Hope you like them yellows.
---
god invented extension cords. -elchris79
Starcraft 2 has no depth or challenge -GoreGross
1 year ago#10
XNo_FearX posted...
vita 2000 is still better.

Its pretty much the same with a worse screen. Its clearly a downgrade so that Sony could save some money on the Vita which is bombing. How could anyone make any sort of case that the 2000 is actually a better machine?? Makes 0 sense.
---
WiiU | CygnusZero ///// 3DS | 1504-5688-7256
PS3 | CygnusZero
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation Vita
  3. Wow... I'm really glad I decided to jump on the original model

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived