How is ragnarok odyssey ace?

#1Nend0Posted 4/2/2014 7:15:11 PM
I don't trust review sites...is it fun? Is the equipment awesome? Is there a solid online community? And if so, how is online interaction with other players? Good chat system? Thanks for the help guys
#2zezprahPosted 4/2/2014 7:36:59 PM
would like to know as well
---
she got a big booty so i call her big booty
#3LyonDRCPosted 4/2/2014 7:41:58 PM
Would love to answer but I haven't played much of it :/
---
PSN Account: LyonDRC
Nintendo 3DS: 2664 - 3546 - 4823
#4DarkFistsPosted 4/2/2014 7:58:38 PM
Well, I was able to get a game going at 3 am, if that helps.

Anyways, while I stopped playing vanilla RO after about 35 hours, something changed my opinion, and I'm REALLY enjoying it now. Sure, I'm nowhere near the 35 hour mark, but it is indeed fun again.
#5himuradrewPosted 4/2/2014 8:00:24 PM
I'm sort of curious how this game is compared to say, Toukiden.
#6foxgamer92Posted 4/2/2014 8:13:24 PM
It's immensely better than the original.

The graphics are better.

Ace skills and hired allies make difficult quests from the first one cake. Grendel shouldn't be complete irritation this time.

Apparently we can name weapons, but then you lose something. I think refining, but I'm not sure.

There's a pot you can put stuff in that gives you other stuff in exchange. I haven't used it yet, so I don't know what you can get.

The mercenary book lets you see where to get items and view data like NPC background. And once you meet certain goals, you can get rare prizes. But only once for each goal across all save files. So you can't get it again in a second file.

There's this girl who trades rare items, but so far she doesn't have anything in stock.

The trophy list has changes as well.

For females, there are more hairstyles. I think the face I chose is new too. And I believe there are more voices.

There are new weapons and outfits. Some free DLC is available.
---
PlayStation Vita has a very bright future. NIS and Compile Heart know that Sony does what Nintendon't.
PSN:Setsuna1292 If you add me, please send a note.
#7Nend0(Topic Creator)Posted 4/2/2014 10:12:36 PM
is the online play fun?
#8cblake117Posted 4/2/2014 10:57:01 PM
Online can be fun, don't expect help from higher ranks just yet though, they tend to run in groups.

I had put more time into Odyssey than MFU/Toukiden/SS. Soloing does seem easier in this game, and the drop rate is better. Adhoc feels much better in this game, and everything they added (everything fox said, fake weapons, weapon skill tickets, etc.) make it very enjoyable a second time. Looking forward to the tower still.
#9Nagisa_ShinjuPosted 4/3/2014 1:01:26 AM
They upped the graphics? How so? The framerate was rather smooth and the game looked fine prior to the new version.
---
PSN: Thelastgunstar
3DS FC: 1650-2871-5341 SafarI: Whirlipede, Ariados and Seviper
#10WartPig_Posted 4/3/2014 1:35:45 AM
^they just smoothed edges and added new textures and detail to everything.
---
PSN-WartPigX, XBL-WartPig
"people talking without speaking, people hearing without listening"