Speed of transferring Vita game installation file from PS3 to Vita?

#1Blue_KatarnPosted 4/2/2014 7:08:20 PM
I was just wondering what the general speed of a "game installation bubble" transfer from a PS3 to a Vita. I'm planning on getting the slim, and figure I can mitigate the pain of having a small memory card by keeping the installation files on my PS3's HDD and transferring when necessary.
---
"There's no point if it stops being fun."
Adventurer, Bravely Default
#2TinyTim123Posted 4/2/2014 7:17:40 PM
I don't know if my experience is normal or not, but it took 27 minutes to transfer PSABR, a 2226MB sized game. It took only 6 minutes to download it to the PS3 in the first place.
It wasn't fast or efficient at all.
---
http://www.explosm.net/comics/657/
#3Blue_Katarn(Topic Creator)Posted 4/2/2014 8:33:24 PM
Yeah. I was hoping it'd be more like five minutes, but at least it's much faster than having to re-download the game through the wi-fi.
---
"There's no point if it stops being fun."
Adventurer, Bravely Default
#4DarkZV2BetaPosted 4/2/2014 8:49:55 PM
Yeah, Vita isn't really a high performance device. The only thing that was good about it was the calculations per second when it came out. The overpriced memory cards they force on their customers are some of the worst you could possibly have, ever.
---
god invented extension cords. -elchris79
Starcraft 2 has no depth or challenge -GoreGross
#5ilovecarebearsPosted 4/2/2014 8:55:57 PM
The expensive ass memory has slow write speeds. Which is funny since micro SD is cheaper and writes faster.
#6DarkZV2BetaPosted 4/2/2014 9:14:02 PM
They're both flash memory. It's just that Sony has a monopoly on Vita memory cards, so they can force consumers to pay whatever they want them to for a garbage quality product.
Welcome to console gaming, I guess.
---
god invented extension cords. -elchris79
Starcraft 2 has no depth or challenge -GoreGross
#7TinyTim123Posted 4/2/2014 9:20:37 PM
Blue_Katarn posted...
Yeah. I was hoping it'd be more like five minutes, but at least it's much faster than having to re-download the game through the wi-fi.

In my case, it wasn't though. 6 minutes to download, 27 minutes to transfer. Granted, the PS3 I used was connected via cat5 cable, but I still think that in the time it took to transfer from the PS3, I could have just downloaded directly onto my Vita, if that were allowed.
---
http://www.explosm.net/comics/657/
#8Innervision180Posted 4/6/2014 12:22:48 PM
TinyTim123 posted...
Blue_Katarn posted...

In my case, it wasn't though. 6 minutes to download, 27 minutes to transfer. Granted, the PS3 I used was connected via cat5 cable, but I still think that in the time it took to transfer from the PS3, I could have just downloaded directly onto my Vita, if that were allowed.

Did you connect the Vita to the PS3 using Wi-Fi or USB? Wi-Fi is much, much slower than USB. I'm not sure if its the same since I don't use a PS3 to do this, but I backup and restore my Vita games to my PC. In my experience, restoring over Wi-Fi takes 2 or 3 times longer than it does over USB.

Also, I downloaded PSABR directly to my Vita... not sure what you mean by not being allowed.
---
Your skill in reading has increased by 1 point.
#9huyiPosted 4/6/2014 1:00:33 PM
It depends on your net connection aswell, as when you transfer games over to your vita it downloads and installs the patches too so you have to take that into consideration too.
---
UK Female Gamer
AMD FX BULLDOZER 4100 QUAD CORE 4.0ghz ATI HD7750 8GB RAM 2TB HDD DLC THE GAME http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h472NmF1HEQ
#10MetalZoicPosted 4/6/2014 1:18:16 PM
Blue_Katarn posted...

It's far faster for me to just download straight to the Vita.