So what the hell is Destiny of Spirits and why is my whole friend list playing?

#1gfaqsterPosted 4/3/2014 1:47:03 AM
Playing this game?

Last I heard its F2P microtransactions game.
I thought us Vita owners prefer buying a real game instead of F2p stuff.

So is this game good?
What exactly do you do?

Do you eventually have to pay money or can you forever play for free and make progress?
---
We live to make the impossible possible!
-Lightning-
#2RevanLynnPosted 4/3/2014 2:48:42 AM
It's a strategy game with social interaction. You put your "spirits" to battle, and can receive help from friends in form of "rental spirits".
#3bellzemoPosted 4/3/2014 6:20:34 AM
I never spent a dime on it yet and I played it for several hours now. Its not a game you spend hours in a row playing. Its a game you can turn on for a half an hour here and there.
---
All that once was will be.
#4Infernus93Posted 4/3/2014 6:36:08 AM
bellzemo posted...
Its not a game you spend hours in a row playing. Its a game you can turn on for a half an hour here and there.

Yeah, I thought that too.

gfaqster posted...
So is this game good?
What exactly do you do?

Do you eventually have to pay money or can you forever play for free and make progress?

I still don't know if I'd call it good. The combat is really shallow and that's all there is as far as gameplay is concerned. It's enjoyable enough to stick around for the big hook, though, and that's collecting spirits. Summon, trade, battle, repeat.

It really seems like you only have to pay if you want to go faster and get more rare/collectible spirits. The further you get, the more you may feel so inclined.
---
Bow down to a true Pokemon-Amiiie!
#5Semi45aPosted 4/3/2014 6:40:56 AM
it a free game that kinda is bland and boring imo
---
"when you set yourself on fire, people love to come and see you burn." ~John Wesley, Eighteenth Century Evangelist
#6RedEnsignPosted 4/3/2014 7:37:52 AM
I uninstalled it after an hour. Think iOS version of Injustice where you are limited to how much you can play in one sitting unless you want to pony up for energy credits. In this case your Spirit's HP regens uber slow unless you choose to fork out cash eventually. If I had the option to purchase the game for $10-$15 and have no restrictions on how much I play at a time I'd buy it.
---
I couldn't believe the company I work for sold EA exclusive rights to make Star Wars games. Then I realized when they fail, we still get paid. Well played Bob.
#7Kazuhira07Posted 4/3/2014 7:40:46 AM
It's pretty damn addictive so I recommend you stay away from it if you're playing other games.
---
PSN: Kazuhira07
#8OhGoodGriefPosted 4/3/2014 7:42:31 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#9smokeyacrPosted 4/3/2014 9:22:18 AM
its very addicting.. plus you want to log in at least once a day to get the login bonus,,,which gets a little better, i think day 19 or 20 that you log in in a month gives you a very nice spirit..
---
The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his. - George S. Patton, PSN: bluewolf51313
#10TehTrumpCardPosted 4/3/2014 1:15:46 PM
I figured I'd give it a chance but overall the experience felt... cheap/bland imho.

But then someone already said it was a social game, so I suppose it makes sense why everything seemed so meh.

Japan Studio's games are always either a huge hit or miss with me though.
---
http://tinyurl.com/trump-nowi http://tinyurl.com/parfumworks
3DSXL FC: 4640-0379-8455 NNID:SimplyTJB PSN (PS3+Vita): TehTrumpCard