ragnarok odyssey ace > monster hunter

#81Soul_of_YveltalPosted 4/13/2014 9:00:54 AM
Opinions can neither be right or wrong, they are a personal preference. Am I wrong because I like cats better than dogs, men more than women, oranges more than apples, blue more than red? No. Those are opinions. Even some forms of racism are opinions, liking one race over another etc. Of course there are forms of racism that are factually incorrect such as all *fill in the blank* eat *fill in the blank*. Now whether or not opinions are morally correct is subjective, just like opinions. Opinions can not be factually correct or incorrect.
---
I am the true Yveltal. 3ds FC 3050 - 8932 - 9256
#82jump__0Posted 4/13/2014 9:10:55 AM(edited)
No. Opinions can be wrong or right.
If you're over 10 this is not hard to comprhend.
---
power of friendship one shots everything. - DarkHeroZX
#83GigaDogqHDPosted 4/13/2014 9:11:40 AM
Wildboy9 posted...
Yes we know it is upsetting that Monster Hunter 3G, Monster Hunter 4 AND Monster Hunter 4G are exclusive to the 3DS to the Vita fans, but there is really no need to spin the fact that it is better than one of the nameless clones.

Monster Hunter Freedom Unite is free on PS+ and I still won't touch the game.

Mhfu is the best mh game. Too bad a new one isnt Vitalized
---
There are three types of people on GameFAQS...those that agree with me, those that are wrong, and those that are insane
#84Wildboy9Posted 4/13/2014 9:20:52 AM
Mhfu is the best mh game. Too bad a new one isnt Vitalized

I tried it on PSP. The whole having to load a different part of the map thing, having to sharpen your weapons, using the Spit to cook and stuff turned me away very quickly. I prefer more into the action kind of thing like God Eater. God Eater also loads the entire map from the get-go.
#85gadgaurdPosted 4/13/2014 11:10:48 AM
MMaestro posted...
gadgaurd posted...
legendarylemur posted...
ServantOfErieos posted...
How can an opinion be wrong?

Let's see... pedophilia probably. Perhaps Necrophilia. Racism... stereotyping... liking the taste of beer... There are actually too many wrong opinions to count. A person can actually be wrong. An opinion is more than just personal preference. Facts and social standards need to be taken into account. That being said, as many have said before, sales can be argued as fact, but I doubt it should affect one's rightness in his opinions.

Pedophilia and Necrophilia are either mental disorders or sexual orientations(too little data to go on), while racism and stereotyping are based upon statements that can absolutely be proven false. I'm not sure they can be labeled opinions since they are literally wrong, and not debatable by any logical beings.

Too little data? Both pedophilia and necrophilia have been documented as far back as the ancient Greeks.

You are wrong.

...And the ancient Greeks could check the responses of the brain directly with their amazing technology that no one has heard of. K.
---
Vesna esta holicia.
Toukiden: "Dynasty Warriors without the jump button."-Miu-san.
#86Fray_MakenPosted 4/13/2014 11:19:48 AM
lulz @ 9 pages.
#87MinamoPosted 4/13/2014 12:53:08 PM(edited)
Ace is alright (playing it on PS3), but most missions are simply "kill fodder," and after 10 missions you get a boss fight, and then repeat the process. I don't know why, when trying to copy Monster Hunter, developers always seem to miss what makes Monster Hunter so popular. I want big boss (no MGS pun intended) after big boss. No one plays Monster Hunter to kill Velociprey and Vespoids all day, and missions involving only them are always universally hated. This is basic stuff, and almost all the clones simply miss the mark.

I also don't understand why they feel the need to copy the things that are annoying in Monster Hunter, like the rewards screen; How often have you ever only sent some things back? Give me a way to automatically skip this. The save screen telling me it successfully saved and to press X? Yeah, I'd know that if you just put me back in the game and didn't waste my time. An NPC that you'll be talking to after nearly every mission? Better give him a few lines of repeating dialogue, "surely that isn't annoying, and MH does it!"

The Monster Hunter formula can be greatly improved, but Capcom doesn't have to because the clones always end up being half-assed. They have no real competition because after almost a decade apparently none of the clone developers bothered play MH and find out what makes it popular.
#88gadgaurdPosted 4/13/2014 1:14:31 PM
Or...maybe they're trying to make a different game. Just a thought.
---
Vesna esta holicia.
Toukiden: "Dynasty Warriors without the jump button."-Miu-san.
#89Soul_of_YveltalPosted 4/15/2014 4:44:38 PM
jump__0 posted...
No. Opinions can be wrong or right.
If you're over 10 this is not hard to comprhend.

Not sure if stupid or troll, maybe both.
---
I am the true Yveltal. 3ds FC 3050 - 8932 - 9256
#90ZeroXravenPosted 4/15/2014 5:11:31 PM
It feels more like Phantasy Star to me, and that's a great thing