I don't know why this system doesnt sell that good

#1IloveslimesOMGPosted 4/18/2014 1:32:25 AM
I love this system is so nice , there are a lot of amazing games coming in the near future, two análog sticks amazing screen, remote play, ps+ , PSP and one games, indi juggernaut titles. I hope the vita starts to get some steam on NA.
---
3DS FC: 0275-7744-8408
#2Garage_ManPosted 4/18/2014 1:46:17 AM
Because marketing.
#3TheGleamEyesPosted 4/18/2014 1:50:15 AM
Because expensive memory cards.

And lol @ expecting trash western devs making games for it. They're too busy rehashing CoD, Madden, and AssCreed while the Japanese actually work on making gold, such as Freedom Wars, Gravity Rush, One Piece, Sword Art Online, etc.

I mean look at the next western big title release: a ****** port of a PC game. Much innovation there.
#4Infernus93Posted 4/18/2014 1:56:33 AM
No killer app, no advertising, and when it came out it was fairly expensive (an idea that lingers, as people still claim it is despite being priced on par with the 3DS XL). The memory card prices don't help, either.

Among other things, anyway. Something something phones.
---
Bow down to a true Pokemon-Amiiie!
#5GuitaristMattPosted 4/18/2014 2:10:07 AM
TheGleamEyes posted...
Because expensive memory cards.

And lol @ expecting trash western devs making games for it. They're too busy rehashing CoD, Madden, and AssCreed while the Japanese actually work on making gold, such as Freedom Wars, Gravity Rush, One Piece, Sword Art Online, etc.

I mean look at the next western big title release: a ****** port of a PC game. Much innovation there.

$20> for an 8GB memory card. The thing is $180 and usually comes with a game. Add the memory card and you are at the same price as 3DS plus a game
---
"Well if you think chickens can fly, we better pull up wikipedia." - S. Healy
PS4 FAQs http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/691087-playstation-4/67619422
#6gadgaurdPosted 4/18/2014 2:19:47 AM
Advertising is the main killer. Rather, the lack of it. Western support or no, if the thing had a few commercials it would be selling possibly 50% more. That's my minimalist guess. Most gamers don't even know it exists.
---
Vesna esta holicia.
Toukiden: "Dynasty Warriors without the jump button."-Miu-san.
#7INKU48Posted 4/18/2014 8:25:49 AM
I honestly don't get it either. I think that the market just doesn't want it. Adult America wants puzzle games on the phone on the go and a big screen TV at home. Japan-enthusiasts and children are the only ones into handhelds and Sony hasn't been good at targeting these. Sony fans probably aren't as dedicated to the company's handhelds as Nintendo fans. More Japanese games coming this year and possibly that could help keep it alive for longer.
---
Official Dry Bones of the Mario Kart 8 board.
#8GigaDogqHDPosted 4/18/2014 8:28:51 AM
games
marketing
memcards
---
There are three types of people on GameFAQS...those that agree with me, those that are wrong, and those that are insane
#9Sailor GoonPosted 4/18/2014 8:34:22 AM
I see people say 'marketing' but that hasn't stopped 3ds. They never advertise the system.
The excuse of memory cards is a joke... You can get a cheap one anywhere. They are not expensive at all.
---
"A laptop is a handheld console" - LOL_FAQ
XBL: DanGogh78, PSN: DanGogh, NID: DanGogh
#10Sami1000Posted 4/18/2014 8:39:36 AM
Sailor Goon posted...
I see people say 'marketing' but that hasn't stopped 3ds. They never advertise the system.
The excuse of memory cards is a joke... You can get a cheap one anywhere. They are not expensive at all.

I think that many people want bigger memory cards, because they want to keep many games on the system at once, so those cheaper rip off memory cards are out.