is it worth it to get a vita if i have no plans to ever get a ps4 or ps3

#1ILoveYouPosted 5/3/2014 6:49:58 PM
?

it looks like it has some cool games on it. a lot of ports of computer indie games that i already have. but i mostly play my 3ds and would rather play those games on a portable system so it looks pretty cool.

but it looks also like alot of what the vita is is a connection thing for the ps4. so is it worth the 200 someodd dollars that sony is asking for the vita if i never get a playstation home console?
---
Insert witty anecdote here (_______________________)
Overhype, the silent video game killer
#2LeFeverBeaverPosted 5/3/2014 7:00:54 PM
i don't have a PS3 or PS4 and I LOVE my Vita. YMMV, but it's a standalone unit. Sure, it works with the PSs, but you don't need those to enjoy it. Now, whether or not to get PS+ is a slightly different argument, but I have it...

Just get it! You'll love it!
---
PSN: LeFeverBeaver; XBL: decreebass; 3DS: 4098-3222-8394; Twitter:@zakhansonfan; Blog: http://zakhansonfan.wordpress.com;
...So the sign says.
#3Super_ArcherPosted 5/3/2014 7:02:26 PM
Yes

honestly the ps4 thing seems more like an advertising gimmick in order to sell more consoles, rather than them actually needing each other
---
http://i.imgur.com/IEJ3SCe.jpg
#4Poobert_WilsonPosted 5/3/2014 7:06:00 PM
It has been for me, and the future promises that it will continue being worth it. I may get a PS3 eventually though.
#5ResetTearsPosted 5/3/2014 7:13:19 PM
Vita is entirely worth it as a standalone console, but as always it depends on what games you personally are interested in playing. Look through lists of games online and make sure there's enough there that really catches your interest; you can find youtube videos of any game quite easily these days to see how gameplay works. Many of the games on Vita that are really great IMO are the sort that don't stand out much since they don't star well-known franchise characters; you need to look into the games a bit to see what they're all about.
---
Video game blog: http://resettears.wordpress.com/
Currently playing: Corpse Party, Dokuro, Persona 3
#6nouseravailablePosted 5/3/2014 7:26:09 PM
Yeah. Tbh, if i didnt had a ps3, id have bought a vita sooner. Many good (and some not so good) vita games are shared with ps3 like Dragon's Crown, Sly, sony smash bros, Ateliers, mgs hd collection, ffx hd etc. Since i played most of those in the ps3, i only got a vita a few weeks ago...
---
Programming for android is the art of filling xml...
#7Spiffy247Posted 5/3/2014 7:29:07 PM
If you have no desire to get a PS3 or PS4, it will be better for you to get games on the PSVita that are also on the other two systems. So it has a potential reason to get more games.
---
GameFAQs' Spiffiest, fanciest Vampire.
The 3DS and PSVita are both outstanding systems. Wally the Equality Weasel says so.
#8darkrevansPosted 5/3/2014 7:32:06 PM
If you like playing Phantasy star Online 2 on pc .You can pick up a copy for your vita and use the same account to level up with a game card on your psn usa account.
---
Got a PS Vita and Wii U: the stand-out underdog pair in the 2013 holiday season.
#9LeanaunfurledPosted 5/3/2014 7:32:16 PM
I like a few dozen Vita exclusives so yeah.
---
Currently Playing: Theatrhythm Curtain Call, Demon Gaze
3DS FC: 2707-2560-1312 JPN FC: 1907-9095-4490 PSN: Ashurii09 Wii U: Tetrisash
#10ILoveYou(Topic Creator)Posted 5/3/2014 7:35:38 PM
persona 4 golden by itself would prolly be enough for me to buy a vita.

mostly im a fan of japanese games. and i get down with the occasional platformer. i like fighting games and action games and sidescrollers as well.
---
Insert witty anecdote here (_______________________)
Overhype, the silent video game killer