I still do not understand why some of you would still willingly buy Borderlands.

#121Sami1000Posted 5/6/2014 2:35:39 PM
I have mixed feeling about this. If BD2 sells a lot or makes more people buy Vita its only good thing, because it might make other developers to jump in. On other hand, now that i think about what other game could have been ported instead of BD2 its frustrating.
#122Wei_SoldierPosted 5/6/2014 2:36:10 PM
Isn't it currently the only way to get a slim vita?
#123MacrossSpecialPosted 5/6/2014 2:41:11 PM
I guess just for fun. I got the 3ds mgs 3 eveb though I knew it would be bad just so I could have it on a portable.

What I still don't understand is why people on gamefaqs care so much about what people do with their money. I get that most people here are kids and $40 may be a lot to them but I always wondered why people here can't just mind their own business.
---
...Dude, you're a ****ing douche. Get off my god damn internets.
- RX7Infinitilll
#124gullgullgullPosted 5/6/2014 3:25:55 PM
Mcnugget2256 posted...
It would be unethical is this was your first Borderlands experience.

lmao are you delusional? I don't think you know what ethics are.
#125LygoPosted 5/6/2014 3:28:29 PM
I did it to buy the slim version in exchange. The first Borderlands was just "ok". General grinding is just to kill time to me. It's not amazing in any way.
#126LygoPosted 5/6/2014 3:30:51 PM
Wei_Soldier posted...
Isn't it currently the only way to get a slim vita?

Seems like it. I didn't see any that sold separately, so it was my only alternative to replacing my original.
#127Mcnugget2256(Topic Creator)Posted 5/6/2014 3:40:34 PM
gullgullgull posted...
Mcnugget2256 posted...

lmao are you delusional? I don't think you know what
ethics are.

Then please tell me what you think the word unethical means? I'm pretty sure it means anything that isn't right or, by dictionary meaning, morally incorrect. People seem to be attacking me for using that one word. Why? Because so many of you are stuck up there on your high horses.
---
Favorite shows: Game of Thrones, Breaking Bad, House of Cards.
Waiting for: BoI: Rebirth, MH4U, SSB 3DS, Persona Q.
#128KaijinSurohmPosted 5/6/2014 3:50:37 PM(edited)
Mcnugget2256 posted...
gullgullgull posted...
Mcnugget2256 posted...

lmao are you delusional? I don't think you know what
ethics are.

Then please tell me what you think the word unethical means? I'm pretty sure it means anything that isn't right or, by dictionary meaning, morally incorrect. People seem to be attacking me for using that one word. Why? Because so many of you are stuck up there on your high horses.

"The prefix un- means "not," so something or someone who's unethical is literally "not ethical." In other words, that someone is lacking principles or morals. Because being unethical involves going against social or professional expectations of what's right, it's a word that's often used to describe bad behavior or immoral conduct. So like the great philosophers, you can decide if Cookie Monster has an ethics problem or just bad eating habits."

Basically, what the problem here, is you feel the game is not worth buying, and so you are forcing your opinion as fact, but trying to claim it's unethical.

Laughing about abortions is unethical.
Discrimination against someone due to skin color or gender is unethical

Buying a portable version of a game, is not. if quality is all you are freaking out over, then go buy the PC version, as the PS3 version is just a step down from the system.

Your opinion is not fact, and thus, it is not unethical.
---
Disclaimer: "He" is used as a neutered word, as your gender is oblivious to me. It is easier then saying He, She, S/he, and guessing wrong.
#129Mcnugget2256(Topic Creator)Posted 5/6/2014 4:00:13 PM
^Your post is unethical.
---
Favorite shows: Game of Thrones, Breaking Bad, House of Cards.
Waiting for: BoI: Rebirth, MH4U, SSB 3DS, Persona Q.
#130FormerlySOSPosted 5/6/2014 4:28:59 PM
I'm not bashing anybody who can still have fun with the game or who are content to accept things as they are. I'm just talking at this point and stating facts. Anything of what I said can be verified with a quick internet search. I was gifted the first Borderlands because my friend wanted someone to play with. Another friend only purchased Borderlands 2 because we both wanted to play it and I have access to his account but didn't have the money right then to buy it myself like I wanted. I did enjoy playing both games tremendously. Being a fan of Gearbox at that point and a fan of Aliens since childhood, I had no problem spending money for their product.

Sega couldn't "crush Gearbox with a lawsuit" because of their contract. For almost seven years, Gearbox collected checks from Sega under the premise of working on Aliens: Colonial Marines. They were contracted to do just that with the money, to deliver a solid title. This was a contract they had before Borderlands even started production. Instead, they took the money and resources for A:CM and used it to redesign their own game while still claiming to do the job they were hired for.

"In February 2013, an anonymous source reported to Destructoid that Gearbox had been taking people and resources off Aliens: Colonial Marines to put them to work on Borderlands and Duke Nukem Forever, and yet was still collecting full payments from Sega as if they were working on Aliens: Colonial Marines. When Sega discovered this misconduct they canceled Colonial Marines, which led to the game's protracted development; "At some point in 2008, Sega temporarily pulled the plug on the game [...] They caught wind of Gearbox shifting resources despite still collecting milestone checks as if the team were full size and lying to Sega and 2k about the number of people working on each project. This led to the round of layoffs at Gearbox in late 2008."

Since Borderlands was a massive hit, instead of finishing the game they should've been working on, they used that new revenue to finance a sequel to essentially a stolen game while still collecting checks. That was how we got Borderlands 2 in the first place. When Sega threatened to pull funding again as well as sue for breach of contract since the game was nearly 3 years overdue, Gearbox convinced them they could release the product like they were supposed to. Instead, they went behind Sega's back and passed the responsibility to TimeGate Studios for the main campaign, with Nerve Software and Demiurge Studios in charge of DLC content.

TimeGate Studios -whose career highlight at that point was the two Section 8 games and a couple expansions for the F.E.A.R series- had to file for bankruptcy and are now closed forever. Demiurge Studios is known for porting the original Mass Effect to PC. Nerve Software is known for ports, conversions and iPhone games. That is why the finished product is so inferior because Gearbox hired inexperienced companies to do their job for them. No one -not even Sega- knew any of those studios had a hand in the game until you started it up. By releasing an unfinished sub-par product they avoided legal reprecussions, which in my opinion is still a scummy way to do business.

I enjoyed my time with the Borderlands games, but I chose to not support Gearbox anymore because I am an informed consumer. Not to mention every other game I know with a GOTY version is a finished product so late adopters get everything at a discounted price. No one else as far as I know has released a GOTY then five more pieces of paid DLC after, not to mention the abundance of paid 'costumes'. Borderlands is the only cash line they have now, and it was financed from the start dishonestly, so they're going to keep milking it while they can. Did you know A:CM had SHiFT codes, too, but they only released one for A:CM while churning out like 15 a week for B2?
---
FreeDelGado, SMA Clan Leader
New Age Old-School Elitist Gamer