I still do not understand why some of you would still willingly buy Borderlands.

#131Starwars4JPosted 5/6/2014 4:32:25 PM
It's a game that isn't an indie, Vita owners are secretly dying for this. Even if it is a poorly done port.
---
What I can't get over is how she ripped one testicle off..~Frogstir
I can't read your topics without expecting Bel Air now.~KensaiBlade
#132KaijinSurohmPosted 5/6/2014 4:38:43 PM
FormerlySOS
"Sega couldn't "crush Gearbox with a lawsuit" because of their contract. For almost seven years, Gearbox collected checks from Sega under the premise of working on Aliens: Colonial Marines. They were contracted to do just that with the money, to deliver a solid title. This was a contract they had before Borderlands even started production. Instead, they took the money and resources for A:CM and used it to redesign their own game while still claiming to do the job they were hired for."

That's called Theft, Fraud, and violation of contracted terms, which is all very lawsuit capable.

I honestly skimmed most of what your text, the wall is kinda pointless, bud. This entire topic is a troll topic.
---
Disclaimer: "He" is used as a neutered word, as your gender is oblivious to me. It is easier then saying He, She, S/he, and guessing wrong.
#133DashingfellaPosted 5/6/2014 4:49:17 PM(edited)
Starwars4j posted
It's a game that isn't an indie, Vita owners are secretly dying for this

Tales of Hearts
Oreshnika Tainted Bloodlines (Whatever it's called)
Freedom Wars
Danganronpa 2
Akiba's Trip 2
Possible God Eater 2

I think I'm covered for now.
#134OoseyePosted 5/6/2014 4:51:21 PM
Dashingfella posted...

Possible God Eater 2

lolno
---
PLAYING: Picross e4
#135DashingfellaPosted 5/6/2014 4:55:46 PM(edited)
Ooseye posted
lolno

Tales of Hearts is never coming, low Vita sales

yohvsnaruto parroted this everywhere. LOL

Seeing as how both are Namco games, there is a possibility. Also, we're getting One Piece physical.
#136KaijinSurohmPosted 5/6/2014 4:55:10 PM
Dashingfella posted...
lolno posted
Tales of Hearts is never coming, low sales

Seeing as how both are Namco games, there is a possibility. Also, we're getting One Piece physical.

We are also getting Sword Art Online (both versions) and it was rumored we'd never get it.

If only we could get Phantasy Star...
---
Disclaimer: "He" is used as a neutered word, as your gender is oblivious to me. It is easier then saying He, She, S/he, and guessing wrong.
#137OoseyePosted 5/6/2014 4:55:44 PM
Dashingfella posted...
lolno posted
Tales of Hearts is never coming, low sales

So the only reason you think this is going to be localized is because Tales is? OK...
---
PLAYING: Picross e4
#138DashingfellaPosted 5/6/2014 4:58:57 PM(edited)
Ooseye posted
So the only reason you think this is going to be localized is because Tales is? OK...

Again, people said the same thing about Tales. They were proven wrong. Nothing is definite, it is why I said possibly.

Kaijin. Forgot Sword Art Online. Namco being really good to us this year.

Tales of Hearts
Oreshnika Tainted Bloodlines (Whatever it's called)
Freedom Wars
Danganronpa 2
Akiba's Trip 2
Possible God Eater 2
Sword Art Online Hollow Fragment
#139FormerlySOSPosted 5/6/2014 5:16:02 PM
Golden_Mean, your two cents seems a bit biased on the defense end towards me at least -not that it really matters- considering you've never played thdm, and not once did I attack anyone who enjoys the game in my original post.

I just stated my amazement that people would still pay for their products given how they do bussiness, stated what happened -at least 80% of that can be verified with a page 1 net search- and actually asked if people honestly didn't know or didn't care.

Some people don't care to know; that's fine if you have no idea and want to play the games. It's possible, as this news is over a year old, not every Borderlands fan is an Aliens fan and so forth. I see how it'd go unnoticed if you don't care about stuff like that and that's fine, too.

If you do know and are ok with supporting shady business practices like that, that's the part that amazes me. I'm curious as to why someone would actively feed such a flagrantly disrespectful money grab. It doesn't matter to me if people buy the games or not because yes, I can "wrap your head around the fact that those who weren't coincidentally handed the two games perhaps wanted to play two of the more critically acclaimed shooter/rpg hybrids at the time." All this other stuff didn't come to light until a year ago, and until that point I was one of those people. I stopped playing Borderlands 2 about a year ago, but I didn't delete it until they released a "GOTY" edition and continued selling add-ons. Considering how they supported their cashcow so much with next to none for the reason they have it in the first place with all the deceptiveness, that's not the type of business model I want to support. People lost their jobs needlessly so Gearbox could make more money. They're milking their fanbase hard, and this isn't including the admittedly sub-par port.

You asked me rather condescendingly "Did you think some stupid gaming politics that consumers played no hand in would stop gamers from gaming?"

My answer is no, but it'd be nice if people attempted to learn more about the things they finance with their money. It would also be great if people who know better had some type of moral compass to guide them instead of being content to be mindless consumers. I'd never tell anyone to stop playing video games -be it a passion or hobby- nor demand everyone think like me, but it'd be really cool if people were a bit more discerning about it. I had no hand whatsoever in what Gearbox did, but knowing what they did leaves me with a sour taste in supporting the way they do business, that's all.

And no, that doesn't make me any better than anyone who does or does not know and still continue to play or support them as a company. I'm just a guy expressing his amazement on a discussion board, really. If people want to ignore or disregard my posts as garbage, that's ok. If they're comfortable with giving them money, good for them. If they just want to play the game and not care about what went on with making it? That's fine by me, too. No troubles on my end. If they can play it for free that's even better.
---
FreeDelGado, SMA Clan Leader
New Age Old-School Elitist Gamer
#140Mcnugget2256(Topic Creator)Posted 5/6/2014 5:28:45 PM
^ Jeez man how about we limit the post to 160 characters or less.
---
Favorite shows: Game of Thrones, Breaking Bad, House of Cards.
Waiting for: BoI: Rebirth, MH4U, SSB 3DS, Persona Q.