I still do not understand why some of you would still willingly buy Borderlands.

#21Mcnugget2256(Topic Creator)Posted 5/6/2014 7:17:38 AM
Well Wildboy, many people both inside and outside this board would look at the list I posted and agree with me that it is indeed unethical to purchase this at full price when they could easily buy it for their console.

And people argue "well I only have a Vita and don't have a home console". That literally only applies to how many people? Not a lot of people own a Vita to begin with, but now you're arguing that people ONLY own a Vita? I mean that has to only apply to people below the age of 15 or just the people on this very board.

It just makes very little sense to me. Borderlands 2 should be experienced in the best possible way. It's like if someone said you could ride one of the countrie's best rollercoasters, but instead you choose to ride a similar version that only goes in straight lines.
---
Favorite shows: Game of Thrones, Breaking Bad, House of Cards.
Waiting for: BoI: Rebirth, MH4U, SSB 3DS, Persona Q.
#22Mcnugget2256(Topic Creator)Posted 5/6/2014 7:19:38 AM
@Slaysme

No, you can stop right there. You've already said too much.
---
Favorite shows: Game of Thrones, Breaking Bad, House of Cards.
Waiting for: BoI: Rebirth, MH4U, SSB 3DS, Persona Q.
#23StrikeNinja24Posted 5/6/2014 7:20:25 AM
In reading topics like this, I'm starting to see parallels between handheld gamers and mobile gamers.
---
Xbox & PS3 gametag = StrikeNinja24
And if Strike didn't stroke his own peen, then nobody would. - Super-Pangolin
#24INKU48Posted 5/6/2014 7:22:09 AM
I still don't understand why people buy portable gaming consoles unless they want portable gaming. Portability is kind of the main selling point.
---
"The question "why not buy a Vita" should be "why not buy two or three Vitas?""
#25yipeeyahooPosted 5/6/2014 7:23:35 AM
Borderlands 2 Vita keeps the TV away
---
PSN:Yipeeyahoo
You are welcome to add me :D
#26StrikeNinja24Posted 5/6/2014 7:24:49 AM
INKU48 posted...
I still don't understand why people buy portable gaming consoles unless they want portable gaming. Portability is kind of the main selling point.

It doesn't excuse lazy ports.
---
Xbox & PS3 gametag = StrikeNinja24
And if Strike didn't stroke his own peen, then nobody would. - Super-Pangolin
#27Fray_MakenPosted 5/6/2014 7:25:14 AM
Mcnugget2256 posted...
Well Wildboy, many people both inside and outside this board would look at the list I posted and agree with me that it is indeed unethical to purchase this at full price when they could easily buy it for their console.

And people argue "well I only have a Vita and don't have a home console". That literally only applies to how many people? Not a lot of people own a Vita to begin with, but now you're arguing that people ONLY own a Vita? I mean that has to only apply to people below the age of 15 or just the people on this very board.

It just makes very little sense to me. Borderlands 2 should be experienced in the best possible way. It's like if someone said you could ride one of the countrie's best rollercoasters, but instead you choose to ride a similar version that only goes in straight lines.

SMH.
---
PSN:
#28JustinFFPosted 5/6/2014 7:25:14 AM
Sure, I could buy this for PC or console.

Just as soon as the TC advises me how I can carry my PS3 or Desktop PC and my 40" LCD TV onto the train for my commute every day. I have a 15 hour commute each week, and like having games to play on the train - this is why I'll be buying Borderlands 2 for Vita.
#29SlaysmePosted 5/6/2014 7:26:41 AM
Seriously though, I have a busy life, with kids. I rarely sit down to a console/PC , although I've got plenty of options. I only play single player, as I cannot usually guarantee I'll be available for long. Vita rocks for this. Click button, resume later. Is there's ad hoc, I'll be having 2 copies,(digitally, for the price of 1) as my wife has my other vita. There's that too. I do have the games from ps+ as well.

I can deal with a downgrade if it means I'll actually play it.
---
Book reader master race. What now, chumps?
3ds FC-5412-9925-5942. Psn-slaysme nnid-smallwoodfamily
#30The_Nach0Posted 5/6/2014 7:31:43 AM
Why am I buying this? Because it is portable Borderlands and I have one friend in the area who has a Vita so the lack of 4-player co-op isn't a huge miss for me.

Also on the topic of 'watered down' port I don't think this is the case here and believe it to be the opposite. While I would definitely appreciate the game to be the exact same experience on the Vita as the console version I also understand that isn't possible so what I expect is something that captures the spirit and feel of the original. We can hate on the lower - yet consistent - frame rate, or lower enemy count, lower resolution textures, but that is all water under the bridge if they tailor make the experience for the system it is one which it appears they have.

I do think that price point is rather high but it is one of those games I'm glad they are releasing... they didn't have to, especially given the time period, but they are taking a chance and that is what we need right now, chances.

I know it is hard, hell I struggle with it myself, but we have to stop critisizing first and praising second. The doom and gloom mentality is infectious and counterintuitive. I am by no means saying this will be a great port but what I am willing to do is give it the benefit of the doubt until I'm proven otherwise and the only way I can do that is to play it.