for those borderlands 2 vita naysayers

#11Makino_YushiroPosted 5/6/2014 9:18:36 PM(edited)
OlPainless32Pb posted...
I don't have a problem with the game itself by any means. The part that I don't understand is...why BL2? If they come out with a slew of vita game announcements at E3 or something then I won't be as confused. I would have preferred a new IP of some sort, or even a new BL game specifically for the vita. Maybe this cost less? I don't know since I'm not in the industry.

I'm just confused as to why they picked BL2. I hope it does well...

That's my gripe with Borderlands 2 as well. If It was just Gearbox porting the game to Vita themselves, I would be fine with it. But knowing that Sony 3rd party relations had a hand in this doesn't sit well with me. It basically means they purposely put money and resources into porting this game to the Vita that could've been put to better use on something better. Like you said, why this of all things?
#12StrikeNinja24Posted 5/6/2014 9:29:41 PM
TC, see that shift button under your right hand? Go to the second button to the left from that. That's the period button.

Start using it.
---
Xbox & PS3 gametag = StrikeNinja24
And if Strike didn't stroke his own peen, then nobody would. - Super-Pangolin
#13NnamzPosted 5/6/2014 9:31:01 PM
Sami1000 posted...
Nah, i rather keep believing that we have demigod making topics here.

XD
#14thecrimsonking1Posted 5/6/2014 10:14:46 PM
Makino_Yushiro posted...
OlPainless32Pb posted...
I don't have a problem with the game itself by any means. The part that I don't understand is...why BL2? If they come out with a slew of vita game announcements at E3 or something then I won't be as confused. I would have preferred a new IP of some sort, or even a new BL game specifically for the vita. Maybe this cost less? I don't know since I'm not in the industry.

I'm just confused as to why they picked BL2. I hope it does well...

That's my gripe with Borderlands 2 as well. If It was just Gearbox porting the game to Vita themselves, I would be fine with it. But knowing that Sony 3rd party relations had a hand in this doesn't sit well with me. It basically means they purposely put money and resources into porting this game to the Vita that could've been put to better use on something better. Like you said, why this of all things?

I'm surprised that Mr.Sony himself didn't come to your house directly to ask what game you wanted to be made.
---
Psn: Crimsonking1401
#15OhGoodGriefPosted 5/6/2014 10:18:15 PM
You haven't played the game of you think it plays fine.
#16ssringoPosted 5/7/2014 12:15:17 AM
I'm glad they ported it and I hope it helps sell a lot of systems so the Vita can get even more support.

Personally, I can't justify a purchase. The negatives heavily outweigh the single positive the game has going for it: portability. As I understand it (from other posts about the game), it runs reasonably well but they had to sacrifice too much to get it that point (enemies come in waves, bodies explode and vanish, long load times for new areas). It also doesn't include all the DLC, which would be fine if it was at least the GOTY edition content. It's not. It has less content and costs the same as the GOTY edition on other platforms.

Of course I'm talking about the standalone purchase. If you bought the new vita package then it seems like a good deal. As I'm not buying a new Vita when my 1000 model works fine, I'd have to buy the standalone version so that's where my view on the game comes from.
---
What the Hell is wrong with this topic!?
Females are now males, males are now females, little girls are now Batman. -TalesofGod
#17Shadowfxd2Posted 5/7/2014 12:24:12 AM
I've only played like an hour so far and I'm pretty critical about Sony, but it's not bad. It's actually pretty good for a handheld. Anyone saying it's bad or unplayable probably only saw old videos of it.
#18LeFeverBeaverPosted 5/7/2014 12:26:58 AM
Shadowfxd2 posted...
I've only played like an hour so far and I'm pretty critical about Sony, but it's not bad. It's actually pretty good for a handheld. Anyone saying it's bad or unplayable probably only saw old videos of it.

...or are just assuming it's gonna be crappy 'cause of something they read on the webbernet :)
---
PSN: LeFeverBeaver; 3DS: 4098-3222-8394; Twitter:@MrMediocrity; Blog: http://zakhansonfan.wordpress.com;
Vita Phat, Vita Slim, 3DS: Any questions?
#19NujevadPosted 5/7/2014 12:30:25 AM
You say that the negatives outweigh the positives but you're missing the whole point of porting the game to a handheld. The Vita is not as powerful as the PS3 so expecting a port without making sacrifices is pretty naive.

BTW, exploding bodies is not a negative in my book.
---
"Ima wa wareware no dokuritsu nichi desu!"
#20ShadyBrad1984Posted 5/7/2014 12:33:07 AM
Shadowfxd2 posted...

At last, an opinion from someone who's played it and doesn't gallop like a pony. I had it on my 360 and never finished it, so as long as it runs well on the Vita, I'm going to pick it up and finish it finally.

The frame rate being a little "choppy" occasionally I can handle, my only problem is with less enemies does it become a cakewalk?
---
3DS FC2020-0186-5321Playing MLB 14, FMC 14, KZ:M, HM:PDF and Dead Nation
PSN/NNID/LiveID:OzzyButcher