for those borderlands 2 vita naysayers

#21ssringoPosted 5/7/2014 12:52:12 AM
Nujevad posted...
You say that the negatives outweigh the positives but you're missing the whole point of porting the game to a handheld. The Vita is not as powerful as the PS3 so expecting a port without making sacrifices is pretty naive.

BTW, exploding bodies is not a negative in my book.

I said the negatives heavily outweigh the positives (of which, there is one). Of course sacrifices are made to port to weaker systems. I'm not missing the point of porting to handheld; the point is to make the game portable while sacrificing as little as possible to do so. It obviously wasn't feasible to port BL2 without sacrificing some aspects. But when you add that with the asking price and the less content than other versions of the game, it's pretty lopsided on the negatives side.

Also, exploding bodies are cool. They were cool in other versions of the game It'd also be cool if the bodies could melt from acid or just die from bullet wounds and slump to the ground. Point was they removed the other ways enemies died in favor of a single way to get the game working at a reasonable level. It was a sacrifice they had to make. Thus, a negative.

Again, looking at it from a standalone purchase. The package deal is great. The base game price is ridiculous. Honestly, if the version they're releasing was the GOTY version, then I wouldn't have a problem. As it is they're expecting me to ignore the sacrifices to the game to make it run decent, get less content for this version and pay the same price as more complete versions (thus paying MORE to get the same content) all for the sake of portability. Sorry, that just looks like a bad deal to me.
---
What the Hell is wrong with this topic!?
Females are now males, males are now females, little girls are now Batman. -TalesofGod
#22LeFeverBeaverPosted 5/7/2014 12:53:24 AM
ShadyBrad1984 posted...
Shadowfxd2 posted...
I've only played like an hour so far and I'm pretty critical about Sony, but it's not bad. It's actually pretty good for a handheld. Anyone saying it's bad or unplayable probably only saw old videos of it.

At last, an opinion from someone who's played it and doesn't gallop like a pony. I had it on my 360 and never finished it, so as long as it runs well on the Vita, I'm going to pick it up and finish it finally.

The frame rate being a little "choppy" occasionally I can handle, my only problem is with less enemies does it become a cakewalk?

I'm only in Southern Shelf and I've died like 15 times so far. Challenge is not an issue :) You'll dig it. It looks good and runs well (and of course, sounds good) on the Vita.
---
PSN: LeFeverBeaver; 3DS: 4098-3222-8394; Twitter:@MrMediocrity; Blog: http://zakhansonfan.wordpress.com;
Vita Phat, Vita Slim, 3DS: Any questions?
#23iRPGluvverPosted 5/7/2014 12:56:08 AM
If you've got to wait two years to have fun with your Vita there's something wrong.
---
I'm Doctor Tot, a professor specialized in Physical Defense who uses a Whip to attack his enemies, but one day I'll get DOINK'd in the butt by a Tonberry.
#24LeFeverBeaverPosted 5/7/2014 12:58:47 AM
Screw that! I was diggin' on Dungeon Hunter the day I got my Vita. Beat Uncharted within the week. I think anyone who doesn't enjoy the Vita should relax their expectations or judgments a bit. It's a great system with great games (not to mention its the ONE current system with backward compatibility) - and Borderlands 2 is no exception.
---
PSN: LeFeverBeaver; 3DS: 4098-3222-8394; Twitter:@MrMediocrity; Blog: http://zakhansonfan.wordpress.com;
Vita Phat, Vita Slim, 3DS: Any questions?
#25NujevadPosted 5/7/2014 1:29:54 AM
ssringo posted...
I said the negatives heavily outweigh the positives (of which, there is one). Of course sacrifices are made to port to weaker systems. I'm not missing the point of porting to handheld; the point is to make the game portable while sacrificing as little as possible to do so. It obviously wasn't feasible to port BL2 without sacrificing some aspects. But when you add that with the asking price and the less content than other versions of the game, it's pretty lopsided on the negatives side.

Also, exploding bodies are cool. They were cool in other versions of the game It'd also be cool if the bodies could melt from acid or just die from bullet wounds and slump to the ground. Point was they removed the other ways enemies died in favor of a single way to get the game working at a reasonable level. It was a sacrifice they had to make. Thus, a negative.

Again, looking at it from a standalone purchase. The package deal is great. The base game price is ridiculous. Honestly, if the version they're releasing was the GOTY version, then I wouldn't have a problem. As it is they're expecting me to ignore the sacrifices to the game to make it run decent, get less content for this version and pay the same price as more complete versions (thus paying MORE to get the same content) all for the sake of portability. Sorry, that just looks like a bad deal to me.

The positive and negative qualities of things aren't always rated equally. Portability is a huge positive while graphical downgrades (which you could hardly tell because of the small screen) lesser enemies and longer loading times are small negatives. The lowered player cap may be a medium sized negative, but not everyone plays with a full group anyway.

The DLC included may not be as numerous as the GOTY version, but since this is on a different platform altogether, it's still a good price.
---
"Ima wa wareware no dokuritsu nichi desu!"
#26StrikeNinja24Posted 5/7/2014 1:57:01 AM
LeFeverBeaver posted...
Shadowfxd2 posted...
I've only played like an hour so far and I'm pretty critical about Sony, but it's not bad. It's actually pretty good for a handheld. Anyone saying it's bad or unplayable probably only saw old videos of it.

...or are just assuming it's gonna be crappy 'cause of something they read on the webbernet :)

Or that it's been released on so many systems that it's starting to rival the original Sonic the Hedgehog in number.

And all those better versions are cheaper.
---
Xbox & PS3 gametag = StrikeNinja24
And if Strike didn't stroke his own peen, then nobody would. - Super-Pangolin
#27StrikeNinja24Posted 5/7/2014 1:58:56 AM
Nujevad posted...
ssringo posted...

The positive and negative qualities of things aren't always rated equally. Portability is a huge positive while graphical downgrades (which you could hardly tell because of the small screen) lesser enemies and longer loading times are small negatives. The lowered player cap may be a medium sized negative, but not everyone plays with a full group anyway.

The DLC included may not be as numerous as the GOTY version, but since this is on a different platform altogether, it's still a good price.

Most people don't consider portability to be that important. That's why handhelds struggle outside of Japan, and why I wouldn't be surprised if one of the companies pulled out of the handheld race.
---
Xbox & PS3 gametag = StrikeNinja24
And if Strike didn't stroke his own peen, then nobody would. - Super-Pangolin
#28NujevadPosted 5/7/2014 2:19:36 AM
StrikeNinja24 posted...
Most people don't consider portability to be that important. That's why handhelds struggle outside of Japan, and why I wouldn't be surprised if one of the companies pulled out of the handheld race.

So people who aren't into handhelds don't think much about portability? That just wrinkled my brain. Seriously though, if portability isn't that important, explain the rise in the popularity of portable devices like laptops, tablets and phones.

Also, portability is huge in japan, just look at how the 3ds is absolutely slaughtering it's console counterpart.
---
"Ima wa wareware no dokuritsu nichi desu!"
#29highndry18Posted 5/7/2014 2:22:51 AM(edited)
StrikeNinja24 posted...
Nujevad posted...
ssringo posted...

You have omniscient powers to know what most people do and don't do?

Nevermind, maybe you're just generalizing and talking in absolutes.
#30Shadowfxd2Posted 5/7/2014 2:25:12 AM
StrikeNinja24 posted...
LeFeverBeaver posted...
Shadowfxd2 posted...

...or are just assuming it's gonna be crappy 'cause of something they read on the webbernet :)

Or that it's been released on so many systems that it's starting to rival the original Sonic the Hedgehog in number.

And all those better versions are cheaper.

I have BL2 free from PS Plus, never touched it and still bought the Vita 2000 with it and I can't put it down. If they port more games like this, I'd turn from 3DS fan into a Vita fan instantly. It's that good. This is a portable version and runs great for a portable version. If you want bad port, try Sonic 1 on GBA or Jak Collection on Vita. BL2 on Vita is a great experience... for a handheld.