Who got their first Vita today?

#11LeFeverBeaverPosted 5/7/2014 1:03:49 AM
Yea I think the 8Gb card was just so they could offer the digital download. They probably weighed the cost analysis of physical game vs DDL & 8Gb memory card. It's a throwaway as soon as my 64Gb card gets here.
---
PSN: LeFeverBeaver; 3DS: 4098-3222-8394; Twitter:@MrMediocrity; Blog: http://zakhansonfan.wordpress.com;
Vita Phat, Vita Slim, 3DS: Any questions?
#12BladescorpionPosted 5/7/2014 4:50:55 AM
Got a slim, after I saw what borderlands 2 code was selling for on eBay.

Sold the borderlands digital code for over 40.
---
Forgive spelling issues.
#13Procyan(Topic Creator)Posted 5/7/2014 9:25:19 AM
bump for second day
---
PSN and XBL: CloudStrife768 - Send me a msg if you want to add me, blank requests will be deleted
3DS FC: 4511 - 1054 - 7640
#14eightonesevenPosted 5/7/2014 9:58:04 AM
Is it still selling for that much? I might put mine up for sell
#15RapaleemanPosted 5/7/2014 10:01:51 AM
I bought one of the Playstation Plus Bundles around Christmas time for like $180. Personally I love it except it isn't very comfortable to hold for long periods of time.

I was in the Best Buy yesterday buying the Veronica Mars movie and they had two of the bundles sitting on the shelf. I hadn't decided if I was going to upgrade since the new one is easier to hold but I couldn't resist as I figured they would be hard to find when I did finally make up my mind. Good thing as every store in my area is also sold out.

I opened it up and honestly, the screen looks fine. I don't think it looks worse than the OG, just different. The big thing though, is that it so much easier and more comfortable to hold. Coupling that with the generic Micro USB charger and longer battery life, I think I'm going to keep it. Still deciding as I have the 45 days to return it even opened (Reward Zone Platinum thing) but it is essentially "talking" me into it as playing OlliOlli has never been more comfortable and easy. The sticks and triggers just feel better.

I'll probably dump BL2 to a friend or on eBay but the system just feels so much better in the hand. It's more ergonomic and lighter but that's not really the thing. It's better balanced in the weight department. The OG Vita always seemed bottom heavy and awkward to me.

So far this has been a good refresh for the hardware in my opinion though I wouldn't have minded seeing this thing sold independently of BL2 and for like $20 or $30 dollars cheaper. The pricing and my overall decision as to whether to keep it or not would be a little easier to make I think.
---
"Cover your receptors Perceptor."
Driver picks the music. Shotgun shuts his cakehole.
#16LeFeverBeaverPosted 5/7/2014 10:05:54 AM
I do find it odd that the BL2 bundle is the ONLY way to get it. Seems odd to not have options. I also spoke with a manager at Gamespot and he said he wasn't gonna get one until they came out with colors. To each his own.

But dude; if you're gonna ebay BL2, better do it soon. They're only going for so much since the game isn't officially "out" yet. Next week it comes out and I doubt anyone will get more than $30 or $35 since it'll be $40 on PSN.
---
PSN: LeFeverBeaver; 3DS: 4098-3222-8394; Twitter:@MrMediocrity; Blog: http://zakhansonfan.wordpress.com;
Vita Phat, Vita Slim, 3DS: Any questions?
#17west coast stylePosted 5/7/2014 10:09:01 AM
eightoneseven posted...
Is it still selling for that much? I might put mine up for sell

I have mine up on eBay, and it's up to $26 right now (started at 99 cents). I've seen other ones on there going for $40.

So with the $25 coupon I had from GameStop, I'll have saved at least $50 off the Vita after I sell the voucher code. :)
---
"West side, when we ride, come equipped with game..." - Tupac Shakur
PSN: demon__650 (that's two underscores)
#18west coast stylePosted 5/7/2014 10:12:51 AM
LeFeverBeaver posted...
But dude; if you're gonna ebay BL2, better do it soon. They're only going for so much since the game isn't officially "out" yet. Next week it comes out and I doubt anyone will get more than $30 or $35 since it'll be $40 on PSN.

Yup, I wish I thought of it before so I could have made an auction ahead of time and get all of those first bidders. Still, anything I get for it will be a plus since I don't really play FPS games.
---
"West side, when we ride, come equipped with game..." - Tupac Shakur
PSN: demon__650 (that's two underscores)