Switching from old Vita to Vita Slim PSN account transfer question

#1BleedingyamatoPosted 5/7/2014 10:50:41 PM
I'm getting a new Vita and if I'm going to give my old one to a friend do I need to de-authorize my old Vita from my PSN account before my friend can make a new account for it?

Also, is there anything else I need to deal with before giving my friend my old Vita?
#2Sidewinder-7Posted 5/8/2014 5:08:57 AM
When you factory reset the old one, it will prompt you to deactivate it from your account.

Pop your old card into new vita and reboot, thats it.
#3Bleedingyamato(Topic Creator)Posted 5/8/2014 10:35:17 AM
Is there another way to deactivate it besides a factory reset?

Also, can I have more than 1 Vita on my PSN account?
#4Miu_sanPosted 5/8/2014 10:38:46 AM
The other way is to do it by the PSN site; but you can only do by this way every 6 months or something via a deactivate all.

Up to 2 portables per PSN account.
#5JeffsonPPosted 5/8/2014 11:10:07 AM
Or you can simply go to Settings > PSN > Device Activation > Game, Video/Music, PS Mobile > Deactivate.
---
NEVER STOP PLAYING.
#6Bleedingyamato(Topic Creator)Posted 5/8/2014 11:27:37 AM
Thanks for the info. That is much simpler.
#7gray_fox_00Posted 5/8/2014 11:35:51 AM
If you just deactivate it, doesn't that leave it still linked to the current account? I thought that just removes that device from your device count list.

The next time his friend goes to the PSN store on that Vita it'll still be on TC's account and will reclaim a spot on his device list after he downloads something or buys something with TC's money (if a credit card is linked to his account)

A factory reset is the only way to unlink a PSN account. Why to you link people with multiple accounts reformat every time they switch?
---
A word to the wise ain't necessary - it's the stupid ones that need the advice
#8stalemate_666Posted 5/8/2014 11:44:27 AM
gray_fox_00 posted...
If you just deactivate it, doesn't that leave it still linked to the current account? I thought that just removes that device from your device count list.

The next time his friend goes to the PSN store on that Vita it'll still be on TC's account and will reclaim a spot on his device list after he downloads something or buys something with TC's money (if a credit card is linked to his account)

A factory reset is the only way to unlink a PSN account. Why to you link people with multiple accounts reformat every time they switch?

Just take off the remember password and his friend can't log in with his and will have to make new one.
---
psn: Stalemate666
#9gray_fox_00Posted 5/8/2014 11:49:12 AM
Didn't think the Vita had the option to not remember the password aside from making a new purchase. His friend could still go to the download list and download anything to reactivate it.

He's going to have to factory reset it in order to be able to link it to his own account.
---
A word to the wise ain't necessary - it's the stupid ones that need the advice