Using an old Vita screen protector on the Vita Slim?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation Vita
  3. Using an old Vita screen protector on the Vita Slim?

User Info: Bleedingyamato

Bleedingyamato
2 years ago#1
I got a pack of the sony screen protectors in preparation for getting my Vita Slim and I'm wondering: will I have any trouble using one on the Vita Slim or am I going to have to wait until a Vita Slim specific screen protector is released?

User Info: zergslayer69

zergslayer69
2 years ago#2
I put my sony one on my slim, went on without a problem. The button cut outs won't line up as perfectly but it wasn't too hard to apply.
PSN - zergslayer69
Friend Code - 3909 8848 9513 | NID - Haddaway

User Info: SMT_Masochist

SMT_Masochist
2 years ago#3
If you have the one that just fits over the screen you'll be fine. The full frontal ones like hori won't work without some cutting
Games: Watchdogs, Toukiden, Senran Kagura Burst
PS3/Vita/PS4/WiiU: ENDBOSS78 3DS: 1375-7216-3398

User Info: dudupupu

dudupupu
2 years ago#4
Sony SPs are the best and this is coming from a guy who uses them for everything. I have Hori on my 3DS and they're not as clear/touch-friendly and I've never gotten a SP which is easier to put on bubble-free than the Sony brand ones.

(and yes, they fit the slim; i have them)
Proud follower of Christ!
3DS: Name: SwuglyBear, FC: 5429-7287-4928

User Info: Ep1taph303

Ep1taph303
2 years ago#5
dudupupu posted...
Sony SPs are the best and this is coming from a guy who uses them for everything. I have Hori on my 3DS and they're not as clear/touch-friendly and I've never gotten a SP which is easier to put on bubble-free than the Sony brand ones.

Actually, the HORI is best for vita.

User Info: Bleedingyamato

Bleedingyamato
2 years ago#6
I'd gotten a pack of the old Vita screen protectors and I somehow managed to screw up putting both on.

Without the guide holes to help I had trouble seeing if I had the protector lined up correctly and without any bubbles.

So now I'm stuck without a screen protector until I can order a new one.

User Info: dudupupu

dudupupu
2 years ago#7
Use scotch tape to remove the dust from the adhesive side of the SP.

You'd be amazed how well it works. Try it in the bathroom where dust is minimal.
Proud follower of Christ!
3DS: Name: SwuglyBear, FC: 5429-7287-4928

User Info: Xplode-

Xplode-
2 years ago#8
Ep1taph303 posted...
dudupupu posted...

Actually, the SONY ones are best for vita.

I agree completely.
Oakland Raiders: Raider Nation!
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation Vita
  3. Using an old Vita screen protector on the Vita Slim?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived