C/D: Sony needs to cut the bull s*** and lower memory prices.

#111Prince_PyroPosted 5/9/2014 4:04:32 PM(edited)
kabutokouji posted...
Prince_Pyro posted...
Yeah, I know. I just read the topic and it seemed like fun, so I decided to join. :)

Err... I mean...

wtf tho is still a sony card why dont it fits in my sony handheld psp Vista

same reason a ps2 mem card wont work on a psx. and a gamecube mem card wont work on a N64, move with the times and get used to it.

WHAT?!? PS2 cards don't work on PS1?@? WTF SONY

unrelated question where do i put my umds and memory stick pro duo in my vita i dont see a place for them?

---
[=[3DS]=] FC: 0946-2412-9538 Now playing: Conception II, Borderlands 2
[o+[__].::] PSN ID: xXprinceXpyroXx (+.[VITA]::)
#112_Shikoba_Posted 5/9/2014 4:21:10 PM
C for sure. The prices are absurd.
---
everything you do is a balloon
PSN: Bad_Brains
#113Kageblade23Posted 5/9/2014 5:02:53 PM
Lucretia_Merces posted...
I concur. The memory card prices are absurd and the biggest deterrent to prospective buyers.

The memory cards should be priced as follows.

8gb - $10
16gb - $20
32gb - $30
64gb - $40

i think i paid 80$ for a 32 gig :/... i dont know if ill ever buy another one specially since everything is somewhat tied to the memory card
---
Mugiwara no Rufi - Cr3\/\/_|\/|@╪3: Kaleo.T.T.C.
Kaizoku Ou ni Ore wa Naru!
#114EnmaDaio2588Posted 5/9/2014 5:27:27 PM
Sony needs to cut the bulls*** and allow third party memory devices to be used on their hardware.
---
I had a dream of my wife...She was dead but, it was OK...
#115Koi_TenchiPosted 5/9/2014 5:27:39 PM
kabutokouji posted...
hotgamer posted...
Anyone who answered D is clearly delusional.

Sony clearly need to lower the price to SD card prices. The price of memory card is definitely the reason the vita is not doing well.

Also seriously, 64GB memory card should be 30$ at most. It probably cost them like 1$ to produce those, there is no reason why it costs so much at retail.

why don't they lower the price to floppy disks prices since we are talking about price match with SD cards which are last century technology.
So wait, considering that Vita memory cards have been shown in the past to work at slower speeds than the better SD cards, are you saying that Vita memory cards are technology from two centuries ago or what are you saying?
---
It's a secret to everybody.
#116ShadyBrad1984Posted 5/9/2014 5:49:53 PM
Anyone defending the prices are delusional and need a refresher course on how not to get screwed by corporations.
---
3DS FC2020-0186-5321Playing MLB 14, FMC 14, KZ:M, HM:PDF and Dead Nation
PSN/NNID/LiveID:OzzyButcher
#117QuestionmarktariusPosted 5/9/2014 6:29:51 PM
ShadyBrad1984 posted...
Anyone defending the prices are delusional and need a refresher course on how not to get screwed by corporations.

To be fair, there is exactly one scenario where the bloated memory card prices is justifiable: Vita gets cracked.
When the pirates do to Vita what they did to PSP, paying $100+ for a 64GB memory card means Sony still wins.
#118AntiSora93Posted 5/9/2014 6:36:28 PM
C
---
"Roxas, that's a stick." PSN: sorariku93
3DS FC: 3308-5327-7930
#119Reginleif20Posted 5/9/2014 6:43:31 PM
MrFwibbles posted...
C

---
I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it
#120BlueswordsXPosted 5/9/2014 7:15:28 PM
Questionmarktarius posted...
ShadyBrad1984 posted...

To be fair, there is exactly one scenario where the bloated memory card prices is justifiable: Vita gets cracked.
When the pirates do to Vita what they did to PSP, paying $100+ for a 64GB memory card means Sony still wins.

They need to figure out a way to separate piracy from mods, homebrews, and fan translations. All my friends refuse to get a Vita despite strong interest since pretty much none of the visual novels, like Fate Hollow/Ataraxia, are going to be localized and this prevents fantranslations. In Japan the Vita had carved itself a comfortable niche for portable visual novels.
---
Touhou is love. Welcome to Gensokyo!