C/D: Sony needs to cut the bull s*** and lower memory prices.

#41kabutokoujiPosted 5/9/2014 9:33:59 AM
do you think they are cheaper in japan? yet I don't see this much whiney on Japanese forums.
#42kabutokoujiPosted 5/9/2014 9:48:22 AM(edited)
Dashingfella posted...
How big is the memory card that comes for the 3DS? Because Senran Kagura takes all the blocks of that alone. 1GB?

its not the same because the 3DS uses SD cards which is last century technology, that's why is cheaper.

lets put it in another words, I do agree that the ps vita memory cards should be the same as an SD card, I mean they do the same, store games and data files.

now lets compare on the automobile industry, my point of view is that a brand new Mercedes benz should cost the same as last century Toyota celica, I mean they both do the same job, taking me from point A to point B. im I right?
#43StrikeNinja24Posted 5/9/2014 9:44:23 AM
kabutokouji posted...
do you think they are cheaper in japan? yet I don't see this much whiney on Japanese forums.

Japan is used to getting overcharged for everything electronic, and dont really spend much yen on other things regardless.

We get it, youre from Japan. We take you guys about as seriously as you guys take us.

Nah, probably even less than that.
---
Xbox & PS3 gametag = StrikeNinja24
And if Strike didn't stroke his own peen, then nobody would. - Super-Pangolin
#44retrosticker903Posted 5/9/2014 9:49:09 AM
A.

There I broke the trend. Accept
---
Five years ago, I lost 30,000 sandwiches and cakes in a blink of an eye. And GLaDOS just f___ing laughed.
She would not die. Now we know our crime was sin.
#45mycousinvinniePosted 5/9/2014 9:50:41 AM
only thing keeping me from buying a vita is the crazy prices of memory
#46kabutokoujiPosted 5/9/2014 9:51:46 AM
StrikeNinja24 posted...
kabutokouji posted...

Japan is used to getting overcharged for everything electronic, and dont really spend much yen on other things regardless.

We get it, youre from Japan. We take you guys about as seriously as you guys take us.

Nah, probably even less than that.

is that the reason you picked that username? because Japanese and their culture sucks?
#47RagnawindPosted 5/9/2014 10:00:25 AM
I agree that some could be more reasonable, but they aren't really too bad after the 32GB card dropped to $80 officially. You have to keep in mind they are proprietary, which is always more expensive than the competition, but also the most reliable kind. If you find the prices any higher than these, they are a major rip-off:
4GB- 18
8GB- 25
16GB- $40
32GB- $80

They are also more expensive to make since they are so small. The smaller an electronic device is, the more expensive it is to make. The Memory cards are currently barely profitable, if profitable at all, as it is.
#48xOmniCloudxPosted 5/9/2014 10:12:20 AM
PSP memory card prices were outrageous when each new size first retailed so Sony wont learn their lesson unfortunately. For the PSP 2GB started at $60 and the 4GB was almost $200 when it first came out. Ridiculous, especially with how limited they are outside the device themselves.
---
This is GameFAQs. People here take great pride in ignoring common sense.
#49OoseyePosted 5/9/2014 10:18:53 AM
Ragnawind posted...
You have to keep in mind they are proprietary, which is always more expensive than the competition, but also the most reliable kind.

How are they more reliable than SD cards?
---
PLAYING: Picross e4
#50Heracross17Posted 5/9/2014 10:24:39 AM
C

It's really the only gripe I have with the system. It's pretty outrageous.
---
3DS FC: 3754-7512-5193 FS: Charmeleon, Magmar, and Fletchcinder
3DS XL FC: 2036-7041-5433 FS: Meinfoo, Sawk, and Tyrogue