C/D: Sony needs to cut the bull s*** and lower memory prices.

#81mycousinvinniePosted 5/9/2014 1:28:18 PM
kabutokouji posted...
Dashingfella posted...
How big is the memory card that comes for the 3DS? Because Senran Kagura takes all the blocks of that alone. 1GB?

its not the same because the 3DS uses SD cards which is last century technology, that's why is cheaper.

lets put it in another words, I do agree that the ps vita memory cards should be the same as an SD card, I mean they do the same, store games and data files.

now lets compare on the automobile industry, my point of view is that a brand new Mercedes benz should cost the same as last century Toyota celica, I mean they both do the same job, taking me from point A to point B. im I right?

except that 100 year old car is going to cost a fortune
#82DashingfellaPosted 5/9/2014 1:29:25 PM
Inoji posted
Well, I liked jrpgs in general.

Can you name your favorites? I think I may have missed some.
#83hyjinx17Posted 5/9/2014 1:43:33 PM
lordcloudx posted...
Lower prices would be nice as a consumer, but I don't think Sony "needs" to lower the memory card prices from their standpoint.

Yeah and Sony doesn't "need" the Vita to be a success, but it would be nice.
---
3DS friend code:3883-5502-4640 IGN:Zero
#84YamsPosted 5/9/2014 1:45:56 PM
While I'm no major in economic studies, lowering the price of those would probably encourage a lot more downloads from their store, and probably some Vita sales as well.

BahamutRider posted...
Confirm. The price of the Vita itself is fine, but these memory prices on a handheld with a strong emphasis on digital are unacceptable.

Indeed. When you can buy a 1.5 TB HDD for less than a 64 GB Vita memory stick, something's not quite right. (Yeah, yeah difference in technology, but comparing it to other memory formats makes it still look really silly. >.>)
#85QuestionmarktariusPosted 5/9/2014 1:55:36 PM
If it had a UMD drive, It would have been a Day One midnight campout.

Until the memory card prices drop to not-goddamn-insane, it's going to remain a Day Never. Too bad I'll have to miss out on a Katamari and a Ys...
#86jellybeanmasterPosted 5/9/2014 1:56:46 PM
They're usually half price every Christmas. Bought the 16gig for $20
---
PSN:ProdijusX, GT:BUMBA CLAWT,
#87hyjinx17Posted 5/9/2014 2:00:48 PM
jellybeanmaster posted...
They're usually half price every Christmas. Bought the 16gig for $20

Same and right now I'm constantly stuck deleting games, but I refuse to buy them for their current price.
---
3DS friend code:3883-5502-4640 IGN:Zero
#88lordcloudxPosted 5/9/2014 2:06:57 PM(edited)
hyjinx17 posted...
lordcloudx posted...
Lower prices would be nice as a consumer, but I don't think Sony "needs" to lower the memory card prices from their standpoint.

Yeah and Sony doesn't "need" the Vita to be a success, but it would be nice.

Sure. I'm just nitpicking at the terminology used by the TC.

Edit: I'm also surprised at how many people assume to know what Sony "needs."

I probably wouldn't have pointed out the "needs" thing if it was worded more like: "C/D Sony needs to cut memory card prices to help the Vita sell better."

---
My collection of nunchucks along with some "nunchucks" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=__cOtzp4LFY
#89dragoonslayer12Posted 5/9/2014 2:13:07 PM
Especially since they are the ones ping digital content the most. A 32gb should be $30 tops. Prices should be on per to Micro SD
---
I believe not in the fairy tales of man made truth
#90Prince_PyroPosted 5/9/2014 2:19:16 PM
omfg i bought a sony memory card 64GB and it dont fit in my PSP Vita wtf sony

http://www.amazon.com/Sony-microSDXC-Class-UHS-1-Memory/dp/B00E1XI94Q/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1399670309&sr=8-3&keywords=64gb+micro+sd
---
[=[3DS]=] FC: 0946-2412-9538 Now playing: Conception II, Borderlands 2
[o+[__].::] PSN ID: xXprinceXpyroXx (+.[VITA]::)