No more major games from Sony for Vita

#21trenkenPosted 5/9/2014 2:08:14 PM
jenrais posted...
Translation, Sony are lazy numpties.

They arent lazy. Theyre a business with only one goal, to make money. The Vita was a failure, surely all of us are aware of that. Not many people are making games for it anymore. That doesnt mean it will be discontinued anytime soon, but really, major dev support doesnt just happen for no reason, and theres no reason right now. The Vita isnt selling well in any territory. Known fact. Thats why noone is making big AAA games for it. Those take a long time and a lot of money, and there is no way to make that money back on the Vita. Its not in nearly enough homes.

It didnt catch on, sometimes things dont work out. Aside from just being a beefier PSP, the thing that worked against it was not enough compelling games early enough. Then suddenly the 3DS start picking up and it was dead in the water at that point. Too expensive and not nearly enough great games. That will kill any system. Its currently killing the Wii U.
---
WiiU | CygnusZero ///// 3DS | 1504-5688-7256
PS3 | CygnusZero
#22JustinFFPosted 5/9/2014 2:09:45 PM
Kazuhira07 posted...
I don't see how being a Zelda fan automatically makes you a troll.

Not in itself, no, but in this particular situation - the individual has a user name that's an homage to an entirely Nintendo franchise. He then goes to the board of the Sony Playstation Vita and posts a topic with a sensationalised tag line designed to get everyone to click on it, and just leaves a picture bomb, no analysis, no thoughts, just a drive-by.

Never mind that the topic has already been discussed in a (for gamefaqs) fairly reasonable manner here:
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/620272-playstation-vita/69185470

Analysis = Troll.
#23zelda3003(Topic Creator)Posted 5/9/2014 2:11:42 PM
JustinFF posted...
Kazuhira07 posted...
I don't see how being a Zelda fan automatically makes you a troll.

Not in itself, no, but in this particular situation - the individual has a user name that's an homage to an entirely Nintendo franchise. He then goes to the board of the Sony Playstation Vita and posts a topic with a sensationalised tag line designed to get everyone to click on it, and just leaves a picture bomb, no analysis, no thoughts, just a drive-by.

Never mind that the topic has already been discussed in a (for gamefaqs) fairly reasonable manner here:
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/620272-playstation-vita/69185470

Analysis = Troll.

Zelda is my favourite series but I'm not a Nintendo fan, I play games not companies. Was just posting what I found.
#24Lucretia_MercesPosted 5/9/2014 2:12:18 PM
A person having a character from a videogame in their username doesn't necessarily mean that they're a troll. I have a character from a PS2 game as my username and I like both Sony and Nintendo.
---
Most Anticipated Games of 2014: Persona Q, Freedom Wars, Bayonetta 2, Azure Striker Gunvolt, Oreshika: Tainted Bloodlines, Tokyo Shinseiroku: Operation Abyss.
#25Black_AssassinPosted 5/9/2014 2:13:58 PM
trenken posted...
jenrais posted...
Translation, Sony are lazy numpties.

They arent lazy. Theyre a business with only one goal, to make money. The Vita was a failure, surely all of us are aware of that. Not many people are making games for it anymore. That doesnt mean it will be discontinued anytime soon, but really, major dev support doesnt just happen for no reason, and theres no reason right now. The Vita isnt selling well in any territory. Known fact. Thats why noone is making big AAA games for it. Those take a long time and a lot of money, and there is no way to make that money back on the Vita. Its not in nearly enough homes.

Chicken and the egg.

Maybe they should've made games of various amounts of A's for it before this happened.
---
lowercase
#26Lucretia_MercesPosted 5/9/2014 2:15:10 PM
To JustinFF:

I didn't see the other topic. Thank you for linking to it. I was even questioning the legitimacy of the picture.
---
Most Anticipated Games of 2014: Persona Q, Freedom Wars, Bayonetta 2, Azure Striker Gunvolt, Oreshika: Tainted Bloodlines, Tokyo Shinseiroku: Operation Abyss.
#27Infernus93Posted 5/9/2014 2:21:03 PM
JustinFF posted...
Does the TC's username not tell you that he's only here trolling for responses to feed his own ego and insecurities?

Seriously, has there been a lull in 3DS releases this month, or have the schools let out for the holidays? There's been an infestation of these worthless topics today.

It's not worthless, and I hadn't seen the other topic. As disheartening as the comment is, I actually appreciate having it brought to my attention.

So thanks, TC.
---
Bow down to a true Pokemon-Amiiie!
#28SandslashedPosted 5/9/2014 2:43:51 PM
Wii U might be selling horribly, but at least Nintendo has promised to release their big games on it.
As for PS Vita, well just enjoy remote play, indies, ports and niche japanese games.
---
3DS Friend Code: 2595 - 0912 - 2733
#29OoseyePosted 5/9/2014 2:49:58 PM
The fan trolls are staying away from this topic lol
I wonder how they'll try to spin this?
---
PLAYING: Picross e4
#30MadmartagonPosted 5/9/2014 2:54:18 PM
Not giving us a GT vita is just lame

To bad xbox one sucks and wii u .. LOL

or i would not even buy a ps4 over this bs