No more major games from Sony for Vita

#31ar4757Posted 5/9/2014 2:55:47 PM
Good thing I bought the vita for Japan games anyway, which have been getting lots of localizations lately
---
3DS: 0619-3452-8910
PSN (Vita): I8AllDaBadgerz
#32alexg1989Posted 5/9/2014 3:23:44 PM
this is depressing...

seriously. its not even that it didn't catch on despite... it didn't catch on because sony never advertised the damn thing. no one knows what it is...

the last ad I remember seeing on TV was about CODBOD...

well, at least we got MGSHD and for that alone, the system is worth keeping forever.... well, at least until the next portable system that's able to run those games + the other MGS titles.
---
HAIL SATAN! Satan is my lord & savior. All others are false idols.
I didn't adapt to the darkness. The darkness adapted to me.
#33yukitoPosted 5/9/2014 3:27:37 PM
No more big games AKA Killzone and Uncharted is ok with me. I wasn't into those games, although I loved Tearaway which was a game made by a small team of Media Molecule employees. More stuff like that, please. Sony of Japan will also continue to make games for it, and those will get localized, which is as much as I could hope for. This sucks for people who aren't interested in "Japanese-style" games, but it is what it is.

All in all this just confirms that the system isn't doing well enough in the west to garner large-scale projects for it. That's something everyone should have expected.
---
To be fun fun fun, mirror world - Baby burn burn burn, stand by my side.
-Yusketeers
#34StrikeNinja24Posted 5/9/2014 3:31:29 PM
yukito posted...
No more big games AKA Killzone and Uncharted is ok with me. I wasn't into those games, although I loved Tearaway which was a game made by a small team of Media Molecule employees. More stuff like that, please. Sony of Japan will also continue to make games for it, and those will get localized, which is as much as I could hope for. This sucks for people who aren't interested in "Japanese-style" games, but it is what it is.

All in all this just confirms that the system isn't doing well enough in the west to garner large-scale projects for it. That's something everyone should have expected.

Of course, but that's going to doom it in the long run. You can't expect to sell this hardware with what's been given and make a profit off of it. I'm surely never going to buy another Sony handheld now that I know their stance on these systems, as this is the same exact stance that they took with the PSP, and the one they said they were getting away from.

That is if they ever bother making another handheld at this rate.
---
Xbox & PS3 gametag = StrikeNinja24
And if Strike didn't stroke his own peen, then nobody would. - Super-Pangolin
#35DashingfellaPosted 5/9/2014 3:36:03 PM
^ I don't get is Strike. PSP had some good Japanese games and some pretty good Western support. What didn't you like about PSP? It certainly can't be the games it got.
#36yukitoPosted 5/9/2014 3:38:04 PM
StrikeNinja24 posted...
yukito posted...

Of course, but that's going to doom it in the long run. You can't expect to sell this hardware with what's been given and make a profit off of it. I'm surely never going to buy another Sony handheld now that I know their stance on these systems, as this is the same exact stance that they took with the PSP, and the one they said they were getting away from.

That is if they ever bother making another handheld at this rate.

Yeah, that's what everyone knows. But what can I do about it? Honestly, it kind of seems doomed no matter what. I love the Vita, but there's such a lack of interest outside of Japan, and sales aren't even that great there. I'd like for there to be more support for the system, absolutely, but Sony of America is making it clear that they're not interested in putting too much money into the platform. For localizations of games as well as PS1 and PSP titles, all I can do is support it when I can and enjoy the ride.

I guess now I know how Dreamcast fans feel.
---
To be fun fun fun, mirror world - Baby burn burn burn, stand by my side.
-Yusketeers
#37INKU48Posted 5/9/2014 3:39:22 PM
No one calls games like Puppeteer, Hot Shots Golf, Alundra, Popolocrois, Sly Cooper or Wild Arms AAA. Sony can make good games of lesser budget too and tbh, these probably work better on handhelds than Assassin's Creed or Uncharted.

It's pretty clear that they have given up on the notion that the Vita will ever be a mainstream success though and they won't invest a lot of money into game development from their western studios.
#38EasysicksPosted 5/9/2014 3:40:52 PM
Can't say I care much.
---
I was having a great day. Then I discovered Zero Escape 3 was put on hold. There were no more great days.
#39StrikeNinja24Posted 5/9/2014 3:44:16 PM
Dashingfella posted...
^ I don't get is Strike. PSP had some good Japanese games and some pretty good Western support. What didn't you like about PSP? It certainly can't be the games it got.

The stance they took. The Western games were downright minimal. The reason that the hardware sold to begin with for the PSP was because it was easily hackable for CFW. We really over hype the library of the PSP just like we do the Vita too, as it wasn't really that deep. Maybe for the Japanese it's different, but the rest of the world got the short end of the stick. My point is that Sony took a hands off approach with the PSP too, and it would of done a lot worse if it wasnt for the hacking capabilities.

The Vita is the PSP without the hacking capabilities now, and with more ways for Sony to nickle and dime you at every possible moment. They can't get major publishers on board, they have zero interest in putting their own studios on projects, and will leave it up to niche 3rd party companies to pick up the slack.

I see this as a step backwards from the small positioning that the PSP had in the Western Market, and it's only going to get worse.
---
Xbox & PS3 gametag = StrikeNinja24
And if Strike didn't stroke his own peen, then nobody would. - Super-Pangolin
#40DashingfellaPosted 5/9/2014 3:46:42 PM
Fair enough, Strike. My only gripe with how Sony handled the PSP was how it got cut off almost completely in the US, leaving only like one or two games localized a year. There are many good Japanese games that won't see the light of day, like .Hack and 7th Dragon.