I think the new vita slim is an amazing improvement over the previous vita!

#1DeathStinger356Posted 5/11/2014 10:40:29 AM
I was a bit worried when I read that the screen was going to be, supposedly, drastically worse than the original vita, but I have to say that to my eyes, I really don't see that big of a difference. I think this whole screen thing is way overblown. The fact that the slim feels so dramatically smaller and lighter, plus the fact that it has way more battery power than just an extra hour, outweighs any discernible difference in screen quality. Plus the borderlands 2 game is just awesome on a hand-held. People need to just sit down and play instead of overblowing slight differences in screen quality. You buy these systems to enjoy playing games, I suggest you just sit back, relax, and play it. You'll be overjoyed with the new slim :)
#2mjnoir1Posted 5/11/2014 11:16:49 AM
meh. ill get it whenever my original vita doesnt work anymore.
#3holder0293Posted 5/11/2014 11:26:09 AM
I was worried too about screen, but after 4 days with it i think the thing is amazing. Feels better in hand, and screen is not as different as i thought. Watched movies and played alot of games.

I am using the slim as my main vita now and put other one up for spare.
#4nazacuckooPosted 5/11/2014 11:26:30 AM
Thinking of getting one for my Brother, would the 2000 be a good choice or is the original better? I only have the original so I can't tell.
---
Xbox 360 Gamertag: NazaCageRatt | VITA PSN: Nazacuckoo
Please, someone, anyone, release SMT IV and Persona Q in Europe!
#5Gamemaster64Posted 5/11/2014 11:29:52 AM
nazacuckoo posted...
Thinking of getting one for my Brother, would the 2000 be a good choice or is the original better? I only have the original so I can't tell.

People say OLED is better. For your Bro it easier to get the 2k and it comes with BL2, if you both going to be using the same account, you both got a game.

I do wonder about the screen, how much of it is pissy? Looking at the comparisons, some look yellow some does not.
---
Not much of potato he said but potato he wrote.
3DS- 3308-4618-5127
#6JumpmandkPosted 5/11/2014 11:39:07 AM
For anyone who has never used the 1000, it's a no brainer, get the slim, as you'll never miss the OLED.

For anyone who has used the 1000, it comes down to "+" & "-". I personally love all the the new improvements of the Slim and would never go back to the 1000. Now if Sony ever releases a 3000 with the functionality of the 2000 and with an OLED or some other high quality screen, I'll probably get that one. But for now, the Slim is top dog!
#7AnotherSomebodyPosted 5/11/2014 2:19:00 PM(edited)
I've had the OLED 1000 Vita since launch and I prefer the LCD 2000 model. There's nothing wrong with the 1000, but the battery life, weight, design, speakers, buttons, and screen are improvements. *Gasp*, did he really say my precious 1000's screen isn't the end all be all? Why yes, I think he did. The resolution and size are the exact same, the colours are displayed more naturally (i.e. not blown out), it has a broader range of brightness, it does not get those weird black splotches on dark screens, and from my understanding will far outlast the OLED in terms of overall lifetime.

If you have a 1000 and don't feel like paying for a new machine, that's completely valid and there's nothing wrong with your unit, but don't try to portray the new model as somehow worse just because of your choices.
---
MAKIN' BACON PANCAKES
#8PlaysaverPosted 5/11/2014 2:32:02 PM
Well I think the overall price of the borderlands bundle is a great value.
200$ for the bundle. Minus 40$ for the borderlands 2 game that your getting early. Minus 20$ for the 8 gig memory card. (Not big enough for me, (got a 32 gig), but I can put that in the original vita and get extra money for that original vita.) So over all price for the slim 140$. Given that someone could probably get 140$+ for an OLED vita fat with the 8 gig memory card, if they were to sell it (in good shape), would be like not having to have paid anything for the slim bundle. At least if you had wanted the Borderlands 2 game.
#9GhostSyntheticPosted 5/11/2014 8:32:22 PM
I bought a Vita Slim on launch day, and I really enjoy it.

I decided to wait for the Slim primarily due to my concern about battery life; I had previously heard about the Vita's short-lasting battery and wanted an improvement. Especially since I recall an experience where my PSP's battery ran out during a game save, irreversibly corrupting the data. That moment left a bad memory, even years later. Anyways, I was relieved to see the Vita Slim sport a nice battery life, even if it somewhat degrades over time.

I never played the original Vita and have never even seen the OLED screen, so naturally I don't feel like I'm missing anything. The Vita Slim's screen is pretty and I enjoy it.

The Slim bundle offered great value. It was the perfect opportunity for someone like me who doesn't really love the Vita's abundance of RPGs yet still wants to play a select number of several attractive games while enjoying some of the Vita's other features (cross-save, remote play, etc.).

Here's hoping that the Vita Slim will sell well enough in the next few months to send companies a signal that there's a decent audience on the Vita.
#10iDoneGotUPosted 5/11/2014 8:34:49 PM
You use of "amazing" is bewildering.
---
But there is one thing a Saiyan always keep... his PRIDE!
http://i.imgur.com/xxLsTwZ.gif