I think the new vita slim is an amazing improvement over the previous vita!

#11gohoanqPosted 5/11/2014 8:55:10 PM
I agree that it's a lot better than the original. I got mine yesterday after trading in my original Vita. The amount of changes make it that much better of a handheld. Sure the OLED will be missed, but the LCD is still really nice looking. Having a "worse" screen doesn't mean "bad".. it's just not quite as good. The extra battery life, matte finish on the sides/back, buttons being raised, louder speakers, smaller rear touch pad, etc. all make me love the Vita all over again. lol

Plus I traded in a Vita with a hairline scratch that pissed me off badly xD Looked like a rainbow.
---
---
"Bad biscuits make the baker broke bro" - Jake the Dog.
#12MicroByterPosted 5/11/2014 9:00:01 PM
I was hesitant and made the plunge and traded on my 1000 for a 2000. Zero regrets.

New ergonomics are great, battery life is better and the LCD is very beautiful. Is it me it do not native res games look crisper on LCD than OLED?
---
3DS FC 0903-2783-8206 | PSN jhaasl | Nintendo ID: MicroByter
#13jpvitaPosted 5/12/2014 3:17:20 AM
I picked up a white import Japanese Slim about a month ago and absolutely love it! With PS+ I'll never run put of games, the battery life/screen/ergonomics and speed are all fantastic. It!s simply incredible!
#14nimerjm37Posted 5/12/2014 9:20:55 AM
I completely agree with TC. An improvement in every single way.
---
Finally caught 'em all: http://imgur.com/a/i3b4T (Updated for X/Y)
My Dragonball Z tattoos: http://imgur.com/a/K5b24
#15suprsoliderPosted 5/12/2014 9:38:45 AM
I was a bit worried when I read that the screen was going to be, supposedly, drastically worse than the original vita, but I have to say that to my eyes, I really don't see that big of a difference. I think this whole screen thing is way overblown. The fact that the slim feels so dramatically smaller and lighter, plus the fact that it has way more battery power than just an extra hour, outweighs any discernible difference in screen quality. Plus the borderlands 2 game is just awesome on a hand-held. People need to just sit down and play instead of overblowing slight differences in screen quality. You buy these systems to enjoy playing games, I suggest you just sit back, relax, and play it. You'll be overjoyed with the new slim :)

Or I could play on the Vita I own right now with the better screen. The colors are much better, it's like night and day difference.

My friend has a slim and everything else is nice but the screen SUCKS compared to the OLED screen that is on my. My friend is jealous of my Vita because the screen is SO MUCH BETTER.
---
"If you can't run with the big dogs, stay on the porch"
PSN ID: CF-105
#16OximofoPosted 5/12/2014 9:44:45 AM
Jumpmandk posted...
For anyone who has never used the 1000, it's a no brainer, get the slim, as you'll never miss the OLED.

For anyone who has used the 1000, it comes down to "+" & "-". I personally love all the the new improvements of the Slim and would never go back to the 1000. Now if Sony ever releases a 3000 with the functionality of the 2000 and with an OLED or some other high quality screen, I'll probably get that one. But for now, the Slim is top dog!

Same. I was playing dangon roppa. The whites looked fine. Since that game was made for LCD screens. It might actually look better on the new vita. First party games you can the difference. Though. That will change though since OLED vita is dead and LCD and TV will focus on the more common screen type.
---
Mr. Ami Suzuki
GT: Oximofo9 PSN: oximofo9
#17OximofoPosted 5/12/2014 9:48:19 AM
MicroByter posted...
I was hesitant and made the plunge and traded on my 1000 for a 2000. Zero regrets.

New ergonomics are great, battery life is better and the LCD is very beautiful. Is it me it do not native res games look crisper on LCD than OLED?

Basically only first party games suffer from lack of OLED. They were designed around the saturation and white levels of the OLED. 3rd party games were not. Even Muramasa looks fine on the LCD.
---
Mr. Ami Suzuki
GT: Oximofo9 PSN: oximofo9
#18tj5921Posted 5/12/2014 9:52:40 AM
Sold my OLED a few weeks ago. Borderlands 2 slim bundle delivered Friday. All I can say is it's better in every way. The OLED is over-saturated and has issues with leaving black splotches in a dark environment. The LCD display is more accurate and looks much better for PS4 remote play. It's not that surprising when you consider the age of tech used in each device. The OLED panels today have been advanced quite a bit in terms of durability and performance than the ones used in the original Vita. The LCD display is extremely high end. It reminds me of my Sony Bravia 40" LCD in terms of quality. Another good comparison is the retina screen on my iPhone 5S. (Resolution slightly lower than retina but the screen is as high of quality). Overall I think Sony did a great job with the LCD on the new model.
#19halfelven23Posted 5/12/2014 9:55:04 AM
the only thing the 1000 version has advantage is the screen
i believe the 2000 wins at everything else
---
PSN ID: Gogunners23
#20gala12Posted 5/12/2014 9:58:52 AM
suprsolider posted...
I was a bit worried when I read that the screen was going to be, supposedly, drastically worse than the original vita, but I have to say that to my eyes, I really don't see that big of a difference. I think this whole screen thing is way overblown. The fact that the slim feels so dramatically smaller and lighter, plus the fact that it has way more battery power than just an extra hour, outweighs any discernible difference in screen quality. Plus the borderlands 2 game is just awesome on a hand-held. People need to just sit down and play instead of overblowing slight differences in screen quality. You buy these systems to enjoy playing games, I suggest you just sit back, relax, and play it. You'll be overjoyed with the new slim :)

Or I could play on the Vita I own right now with the better screen. The colors are much better, it's like night and day difference.

My friend has a slim and everything else is nice but the screen SUCKS compared to the OLED screen that is on my. My friend is jealous of my Vita because the screen is SO MUCH BETTER.

I own both, so I donít need reassurance, the OLED screen isnít "SO MUCH BETTER" than the LCD, whomever says that is flat out lying, Iím not saying itís not better, but itís just a bit better, there might even be people out that that *GASP* prefer the LCD because of itís more natural tones, in truth the positives of the slim far outweigh the negatives.

Anyone who says that the OLED is worlds better than the LCD on the 2000 surely hasnít touched the slim, iím sorry but itís not a night and day difference, the screen is quite impressive for an LCD.
---
Xbox One, Xbox 360, Gamertag: galamb
PS4, PS3, PSN: galamb