Borderlands 2 lands on middle ground with 5.4 mediocre rating from IGN

#1ServantOfErieosPosted 5/12/2014 1:46:11 PM
http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/05/12/borderlands-2-vita-review

I canít help but feel just a little bad for the folks at Iron Galaxy. In many ways, porting the excellent Borderlands 2 to Vita could be considered a foolís errand of sorts, but theyíve pulled it off as well as anyone could have expected. If that sounds like conditional praise, itís because it is. The Vita version of Borderlands 2 is remarkably content complete, right down to the two DLC character classes and all the major expansions, but that means very little given how deeply and consistently its technical issues compromise the moment-to-moment gameplay thatís supposed to form the core of the experience.

So sad, man.

They should've just asked for more time, instead of just rushing and bundling the game.

It presents a negative image when a game you receive in a bundle is critically marred.
---
Lord Erieos is coming...
#2GigaDogqHDPosted 5/12/2014 1:47:47 PM
New games please, enough of the mediocre ports
---
There are three types of people on GameFAQS...those that agree with me, those that are wrong, and those that are insane
#3KittyPuppyPosted 5/12/2014 1:49:49 PM
Much like the PSP before it, one of the Vitas biggest enemies is it's most mainstream games. The BL2 bundle and the COD bundle will basically shape a lot of the image of the system itself for newcomers and lead to increasingly negative word of mouth. It's sad.
#4LemonKweenstaaaPosted 5/12/2014 1:50:05 PM
This game is going to leave a bad taste in the mouth of many new Vita owners. How tragic.
#5joegt123Posted 5/12/2014 1:51:13 PM
Huh. I will never understand why they release screwed up games. This dlc age has really ****ed over game quality. QT practically doesn't exist anymore. Everyone just assumes they can use the public as a free QT force and fix the problems later and no one will be the wiser.

How many times will it take before they learn?

Personally, I was never interested in bl2 on vita because, well... The console versions are there for a reason. But now i'm definitely holding out for a better bundle.
---
"It was not for quiet complacence he was given the name of 'Thunder God'."
Currently Playing: Too damn many things at the same bloody time... (25+)
#6Golden_MeanPosted 5/12/2014 1:52:10 PM
The really sad part is the thought of a critically marred game in this day and age is just as laughable as that of a critically acclaimed game.
---
Arguing with other internet users is only just marginally more productive than counting the number of ants on your lawn.~PSN: Kikkosauce66
#7ServantOfErieos(Topic Creator)Posted 5/12/2014 1:56:16 PM
joegt123 posted...
Huh. I will never understand why they release screwed up games. This dlc age has really ****ed over game quality. QT practically doesn't exist anymore. Everyone just assumes they can use the public as a free QT force and fix the problems later and no one will be the wiser.

How many times will it take before they learn?

Personally, I was never interested in bl2 on vita because, well... The console versions are there for a reason. But now i'm definitely holding out for a better bundle.

I agree with you on this but don't let this game deter you from getting a Vita though.

There are still plenty of worthwhile games, like Tearaway, YS and gravity rush.
---
Lord Erieos is coming...
#8joegt123Posted 5/12/2014 2:00:37 PM
It wont. I'm just waiting for a better bundle. Or decent color. Ys is THE reason I want a vita.
---
"It was not for quiet complacence he was given the name of 'Thunder God'."
Currently Playing: Too damn many things at the same bloody time... (25+)
#9CREATIVACPosted 5/12/2014 2:04:47 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#10Oguri_KurenoPosted 5/12/2014 2:05:19 PM
Meh never trusted a review from ign :p (not saying his not accurate or not though. Will give my own opinion on the 22th)